Ch.21

"You know, hard to admit, but I'm kind of nervous." Harry said one night on the phone. It was noon and I was wearing my sweatpants and crop top. "From what?" I questioned puzzled.

"About meeting your parents."
"Harry they are coming in seven days. Don't worry. And, anyway, I know that they would like you."
"How can you be so sure?" His voice was deeper, not like in reality. And slow, taking his time to pronounce every letter.
"First, you're lovable. Second, I'm lovable. Third we'd both look so lovable that they couldn't resist us and just can't say a word." I could hear him laughing at the other end of the line and I joined him. "No, but seriously, they'll like you. I'm sure." he hummed. "I'm actually more nervous than you." I said. There was silence on the other end of the line. "Why? Are you embarrassed of me?" I almost choked on my tongue. Me. Embarrassed. Harry.

"Harry, hold on a second, I'm going to throw myself from a cliff. ARE you nuts?! Me. embarrassed. You! You're like.... Like...."

"Like what?"

"Like a bubble of perfection, you're just too good, honestly." Then I continued. "I'm worried about saying goodbye to them I mean spending five days with your family and then they'll go away for a year or two. It's just hard." My voice was barely a whisper. I hated how when I sounded weak. I hated distance and time and I hated how I admired everything to harry.

"Hey, don't worry. I'll be with you, okay?" He said. "Sure."