40 - Spring Break (1)

Start from the beginning

My face turned red like a tomato and I got up from my seat. I excused myself, saying I was tired and ran to my room. After changing into my PJs, I lay on my bed wide awake, thinking about what will happen on Monday.

I'm going to spend five days with the Clichés at the beach.

Five days with Andrew...

Closing my eyes, I thought of all the possibilities that could happen and drifted off to sleep.

The weekend went by in a blur. My family and I spent it together. We drove around the whole town and showed it to Luke since he went to his college straight when we moved here. Then we went out for family dinner, watched movies, and played games together as we used to when we were in Hidden Hills.

When we were out for dinner at a restaurant, Mom showed Luke some girls and wanted to set him up with them. Some already had boyfriends, and my mom crept some out, while others thought it was cute. After all the struggle, she couldn't find a girl for him. Luke promised her he'll get a girl because he doesn't want to die alone like me.

I glared at him and wondered how confident he was, unlike me. I never dated a guy because I always buried myself in my book and now I like a guy who is also interested in me, but my insecurities are stopping me from giving him a chance.

Later that night, I pondered on it and concluded that I will try it. As long as it doesn't kill me, there's no problem in giving it a shot.

Right?

~•~ • ~•~ • ~•~

On Monday, I was in my room packing my bags to go out to the beach. Ben was picking me up with Toby.

Turns out Ben also invited Toby. He helped Andrew with his plan because he knew if Chloe and I will come, then no one will question Toby. Andrew's plan amazed me even though he did it for his benefit, but it helped two more couples.

Louis and Chloe are now official.

Ben and Toby get to spend the breaks together.

I'm sure Toby will be pleased with Andrew now.

Speaking of Andrew, his black shirt came into view in my wardrobe when I was taking my clothes out. It was the shirt I borrowed from him when he took me to his house from the gay club. I wrote a note that I'll return it to him but didn't get the chance.

Now I don't want to give it back.

A knock on my door cut my thoughts. I turned and saw Mom grinning.

"Done packing?"

"Yeah..." I answered, putting the shirt back in my closet and closing the door.

"Did you pack the new clothes we bought?"

"Yes, mom-"

"Bathing suit?" She raised her brows, making me groan.

"I did." I zipped my small grey suitcase.

"Good." She beamed. "Now come down. Breakfast is ready."

Nodding my head, I picked up my bag and descend the stairs after Mom. It wasn't heavy since I only packed a few clothes. Luke was in the living room setting his baggage. He was also leaving today.

"Both my children are going." Mom sniffed. "What will I do without you two?"

"You can go out on dates with dad." Luke winked. My face scrunched while my mom giggled like a high school girl and played along with him.

"That's what I was thinking. Finally, a week without kids." She exclaimed, walking into the kitchen, and I watched her in disbelief.

Wasn't she feeling sad like a second ago?