epilogue

- January 5th 2025

-taylors pov-

"Mommy mommy" I can hear Ellies voice coming towards my dressing room where i1m getting ready for the show. The door is pushed open, and inn comes a bouncing four-and-a-half-year-old with her father and sister behind her. "hi there guys" i say and put down my eyeliner that I was putting on.

"so many people mommy. People everywhere" she says and dramatically throw herself onto the couch in my dressing room.

It's the first concert of the Taylors verson stadium tour and I'm really excited. I've been waiting for this for years and its finally happening. The first show is right here at home, in Nashville and we decided that if Ellie could keep herself awake, she could watch the show. When we tried to tell her it was too later for her she had a meltdown so we talked about it and figured that it would be fine.

"Mommy I'm going to wear my sparkly Elsa dress" she says, and I chuckle "Of course you are"

I take aurora from joe and kiss all over her face. She is one year and a couple of months old now. Sadly, she is still on an oxygen monitor but can go without the oxygen for longer periods of time now as long as we make sure to keep her monitor on, so we make sure she gets oxygen when her stats go low. So far, her lungs are the only problem caused by her prematurity but only time will tell if there are other things.

I give aurora back to joe so I can finish getting ready while Ellie is dancing around the dressing room to the beat of her own drum. She is such a happy kid and as a mom that makes me happy. They're both happy kids actually.

"Mommy aurora is going to sleep soon" Ellie says as joe is helping her into her dress. "She is, because she is too little to stay and watch the show" Abigail has offered to watch aurora until we get home from the concert which was really nice of her. We were really apprehensive about leaving aurora at all, so joe was going to stay home with her, but Abigail flat out refused and said she was more than happy to take her.

"i'm going to be Elsa when I grow up mommy. I'm going to be a real princess" she says and twirl around in her dress and I smile at her and kiss her forehead.

"you're a clever girl Ellie and clever girls can do whatever they put their minds to" I say and kneel down in front of her. "But do you want to know a lesion my grandma taught me?" I ask her and take her hands in mine, and she nods. "Never be so kind, you forget to be clever. But never be so clever, you forget to be kind"

I wish she could see me now, she the woman I've grown up to be. I like to think she would have been proud of how far I've come, and I like to think she is up there watching me every step I take.

**

Joe is backstage with me while I get ready to go on stage, aurora is already driven home to Abigail that's waiting for her at our house, and Ellie is with my mom in club Meredith.

"i'm nervous" I say as we stand and look at all the people working around us. "you're going to be amazing, you always are" he says and kiss the side of my face.

"I haven't done a full show in years. I think the last show I did was city of lover in Paris back in 2019. But that wasn't nearly as big as this." it's weird thinking that once again i'm going to step on that stage in front of a sold-out stadium of fans that I can hear screaming for me already.

"I know, but you got this. You always kill it on stage. And even if you make a mistake the fans won't care about that. The love you. Not as much as I love you, but they do love you" he says, and I smile up at him "i think some might argue with that. They're always saying they're going to fight you for me" I smirk at him, and he leans down and kisses me softly.

"They might want to fight me, but no one knows you like I do" he says and wrap both his arms around me. Having him here for the whole tour is exactly what I needed to get through it. I could never leave the kids at home while I tour, and joe agreed and wanted to come with me too.

I might do more concert here and there after this tour, but I know this is probably my last proper tour. I'm getting older and my family needs me more. I don't want to watch the kids grow up through a facetime camera because I'm flying all around the world for a year at a time singing.

Joe leaves me with a kiss on my forehead as I step up to the stage and put in my in-ear monitors. It's suddenly getting real, I'm doing this.

The stage tech hands me a sparkly microphone and i step onto the platform that's going to slide me onto the stage.

I can hear the intro for new romantics starting and I smile as I put the microphone to my lip and walk onstage where I can hear the crowd screaming my name. 

____________________________________________________

book three is now out!

Having three kids is hard work, but when you are A-list celebrities as well it's even harder.

When you combine your oldest child starting school, balancing work and family as well as handling people from their past coming back to play there is a million things that could go wrong.

With everything going on joe and Taylor need to be fearless to come out on the other side together.