Too soon

-26 weeks pregnant-

-taylors pov-

I walk through the door with Ellie after her dance class for today. She had a ballet class and is really excited about it. Apparently, they learned something called "fairy walk" today which she is excited to show me. She takes of her shoes and run into the living room going on her tippy toes and going across the room "se mommy, its fairy walking!" she says, and I smile at her "you're so good Ellie. That looks so fun, doesn't it?" I say and she nods.

"i'm going to show daddy!" she says and run into the kitchen where joe is making dinner.

Today is really shitty and I don't really know what to do with myself. I've been having a lot back pain and what I'm assuming is Braxton hicks which is annoying as hell. So instead of following Ellie I go and lie down on the couch. I don't remember this from being pregnant with Ellie so I'm getting a little scared, but I guess I just need to breathe through them for now and then they will probably slow down soon.

"Taylor are you okay?" joe says when he comes into the living room and Ellie runs into the playroom "I don't know. I really don't feel well" I groan and close my eyes to try and manage it. "Do you think we should call the doctor?" he asks and brush the hair out from my face.

"I think I'm fine. It's probably just pregnancy stuff" I sigh and try to stay calm. I know that If I stress too much about it, I will spike my blood pressure and we don't want that. It's been stable, high but still stable, up until now and I want to keep it that way.

A while later while I'm standing making dinner, I feel something I know isn't supposed to happen. A gush of liquid leak into my underpants and I freeze "joe!" I call for him and feel another sharp pain in my stomach. Am I in labor?

He comes in and immediately come over to me when he sees the panicked look on my face "what's wrong" he says and rub my back. "My water just broke, at least I think so" I say and my voice crack. I've never been this scared in my life. Joes' eyes widen "oh shit. I will call the doctor okay; she will tell us what we need to do" he says and grab his phone calling her.

I can't even focus on what he is talking with the office about I just can't believe that this is happening. I'm only 26 weeks, she is way too little to come now. This isn't okay, my body is failing me again. What if she needs to be born now? Will she even survive? I'm such a terrible parent.

"Taylor" joe comes back and rub my back "I talked with Dr Riley, and she said we need to get to the hospital ASAP; she will meet us there. Let's quickly get you into some new underpants and then just leave. I'm calling your mom and she can hopefully come and pick up Ellie there" he says and cups my face gently kissing me before running upstairs.

Quickly he comes back and help me into new underwear and pants, and we go to the car. Elliana is clearly confused but I don't blame her "where are we going?" she asks as joe straps her into her car seat. "Mommy needs to go to the hospital Ellie, so I'm going to call grandma and she will meet us there" he says and kisses her forehead before quickly jumping into the driver seat.

He calls my mom but I'm not paying attention to anything anymore. My hands are resting on my belly and tears are flowing down my face. It takes everything in me to not break into sobs right now. I want to fall apart but I can't, I need to hold on until we get there and not scare Ellie.

When we get there my ob. dr riley is waiting outside with her nurse Sophie and a nurse from the ward ready with a wheelchair for me. They help me out of the car while joe gets Ellie.

"Is someone coming to get her?" Sophie asks and joe nods "yeah, her grandma is probably minutes away"

My security offers to stay with Ellie to wait for my mom. "Ellie honey, can you stay with mike to wait for grandma. Daddy needs to go with mommy" she nods and takes mikes hand without saying much, I think she is really scared but I can't make myself say anything.