pictures are out there

-taylors pov- 

It's time to leave for LA and I'm nervous. I hate LA because it's just so stressful being there. The paparazzi is everywhere and it's so suffocating to deal with. But we got all three of us on the plane in one piece and takeoff went fine. Thankfully Ellie is so good on a plane, she has been flying since she was a baby, so she doesn't seem to mind it much. 

we bring stuff to keep her buzzy with so the time flies past, and then have learned to give her an extra nap to help with the jetlag when we get there. A grumpy toddler that hasn't had enough sleep is no fun for anyone. 

These days her tablet is most fun on the plane, so she is sitting in her seat watching frozen for the million time. We have a booster seat for her on the plane for her to sit more comfortably and safer than regular seats. It's been something we have done since she was a baby too so its familiar for her, and since it's my plane we can just leave it installed here all the time. 

"It was nice of Selena to offer having Ellie over for a sleepover" joe says as we sit with our phones playing online scrabble together. "It sure was, it gives us some time after the Oscars to just be the two of us" 

I'm nominated for my original song "Carolina" for the movie "where the crawdads sing" that I did a year ago. It was such a fun project because I read the book in quarantine and when I heard that rese was doing a movie for it, I just knew I had to make something for it. Joe is going as my plus one because we figured that we would make a date night out of it, it's nice to have him with me to these things. 

"Mommy. Snack?" Ellie asks and I look at the clock. "It sure is your snack time isn't it. Do you want cheerios or do you maybe want a squeeze pouch?" I ask her and hold up both options and she think about it before pointing to the pouch. It's one of those applesauce things that she really loves. Well, she loves every kind of squeeze pouch because it sems to be fun holding it, but that's good because we get in some fruit or veggies that way. She is a pretty good eater, but everything is more fun when it's in a pouch or shaped into Disney characters. 

"You ready for the Oscars?" joe asks and takes a sip of my drink to try it. We stopped at Starbucks on the way to the plane like we always seem to do and got drinks for us selves too. I got an iced oat milk latte today and joe hasn't tried it before. "Yeah, even more excited when I know you're there. You know you always make me calmer at these things." 

These days I don't really go to award shows much unless I'm nominated for something big. I just don't want to constantly be going to events everywhere as I want to be home and just make music. These award shows are usually in LA and there are just so many paparazzi there that I get exhausted even thinking about it. Joe isn't walking the carpet he is just meeting me inside and I'm only doing the pictures and not the interviews. I don't think I've done an interview on a carpet since Grammys 2016 actually. I've gotten to a point where I don't need the exposure so why even give myself that added anxiety when I can skip it. 

"i'll always come with you. Going together is so much more fun than going alone. And your nominated for an Oscar that's huge, of course I will be by your side love" he says and wrap an arm around my shoulders. 

"go where?" Ellie asks and look at us. "Mommy and daddy are going on TV to see if mommy wins a trophy. But you're going to have a sleepover at aunty Selena while we are going to do that boring grownup stuff" I explain to her. 

"Why? Why tv? Ellie see? Ellie come with?" she says and seems to be thinking deeply about what we are saying. "Because they show it on the tv so that's why. We can show you when you come back home if there are pictures of mommy and daddy. But you're going to aunty Selena, that's so much more fun than coming with us. It's boring and only adults and you need to sit still for a long time with no fun toys. Mommy and daddy thinks it's boring, but we have to go. You're so lucky that you get to play with auntie Selena instead"