ellie meets aurora

-three day old (26 weeks gastation)- 

-taylors pov- 

"Hi tree. You called? What's up?" I say and bite my lip nervously. I hope it's not bad. 

"Hi Taylor, I wish I could call you with something good, but this is... complicated." she says and sighs "just tell me" 

"When you walked in the hallways this morning on your way to the NICU someone snapped pictures of you going into the NICU and the pictures are everywhere. Everyone Is asking for a comment" I freeze, I was hoping that we could keep this out of the media. I have enough things to worry about and I don't need this on top of it. 

"Why can't people respect that I need some privacy. Why I'm in the NICU is not the public's business" I say and rub my fingers on my forehead in frustrations. "Maybe that's one of the reasons they moved us to a private room. I don't think there are many of them here, but we are in one now. That's probably one of the reasons, but I just wish they would have told me that that's way they moved her" I sigh. 

"I know. It's just rude and out of line. Do you want me to just say that you will not comment on personal matters and that you ask for privacy? Or something like that?" she asks, and I agree. "Yes, that would be fine to draw the line that we are not going to comment on it. Some parents may be okay with that, but we are not. She isn't a means to get publicity" I say and try to keep my voice down but it's hard as I'm getting really mad. 

We talk for a couple more minutes before hanging up and I lean my head in my hands and I want to scream but I can't. "Are you okay Taylor?" tina our nurse asks as she comes into the room. 

I sigh "Not really. There are pictures of me on my way into the nicu this morning and its everywhere" I say and look over at my daughter in that big incubator. She is innocent and doesn't deserve this. 

Tina comes and sit down on the couch while I'm sitting in the recliner. "i'm sorry to hear that. Thankfully you're in a private room now so no one can get pictures of aurora. And the NICU is a secure place in the hospital. Its restricted access to keep out unwanted visitors" she tells me and gives a little smile to probably reassure me. 

"Is that why they moved us to a private room" I ask her honestly and she nods "I assume so. That there has been talk in the hallways when people have seen you coming and going. But it's better for both you and aurora to have some privacy. With your job I'm sure there are a lot of things to worry about and now at least aurora is more secure in a room with two security guards sitting right outside as well as a nurse." she tells me, and I know she is right.

They have upped the security, one of my securities is here and one from the hospital. Before they were in another room but since we have a private room now, they can just sit outside. 

"you're right, it lessens my anxiety for sure" I give her a weak smile. 

We talk for a while more but then I hear Ellies voice and then the forced smiles turn real and when joe opens the door she comes running into my arms "hi there little miss munchkin" I say and kiss her all over her cheeks making her laugh. 

Tina stands up and "it's almost time for the next care session with aurora, so I will just give you some time while I get stuff ready" she says and smile before she leaves. 

My mom comes in after joe and when she sees aurora she is brought to tears "She is so little" she says and go over to get a better look. "She really is, but she is a fighter" 

Ellie climbs into my lap and wrap her arms around my neck "Mommy I got a present for baby sister." she says excitedly. "What did you bring" I say and brush her hair out of her face.