the baby is a...

** 2 September - 18 weeks pregnant **

-taylors pov- 

My mom is watching Ellie today while joe and I go to the doctor to find out the sex of the baby. He just got back to Nashville last week and we still haven't told anyone I'm pregnant but that's about to change today. We could have told them when he got home but we decided to do it when we also knew the sex. I've been really nervous about saying anything just in case it didn't work out this time either, that would break me, and I couldn't deal with telling people. I've started to show now but I've been hiding under big shirts so people haven't said anything, so they probably don't know I think. 

"Hello to both of you" doctor riley say when she walks into the office, and we greet her back. We talk about my blood pressure which I have been keeping track off and how I'm doing with symptoms so far. The morning sickness is thankfully gone but I'm more exhausted than usual.

"So do you two want to know the sex today?" she asks as I pull up my shirt after laying down in the bench. "Yes, if possible, we want that" 

Joe takes my hand and squeeze it while the doctor starts the ultrasound. A loud steady heartbeat fills the room and I get really happy "oh my god, that's our baby" I say and fight back the tears. I will never get tired of hearing that sound, after everything that has happened, I couldn't be more exited knowing that this baby has a heartbeat. 

"Congratulations you're having another girl" she says, and joe and I look at each other and he kisses my forehead "another girl" I mutter really excitedly. In February we are having another girl. It makes me really happy that joe is here with me this time, last time the pandemic caused him to not be able to come with me to this but now he gets to do this with me. Having him here makes me calmer and just straight up happier. 

The appointment is all in all quick and we get back in the car before exchanging several kisses and he lay a hand on my belly. "We are having another girl. That's really exiting" he says and kisses me again. "We sure are, I'm so happy" 

"i'm really happy too. It was really hard being away from you two for those two months, God I'm happy to be back home now. I love my job but being with you two is more important to me" he isn't doing another movie before the baby is born now so we get to spend some time the three of us before the new baby gets her. 

"i'm worried about how Ellie is going to respond to her" I say as we start to drive. Ellie is still having a hard time but it's getting better. The tantrums have subsided and only happen occasionally now which is a relief for all of us. I got really worried about her at a point because they seemed to happen all the time over the tiniest things. It must be hard being a tiny human and not always finding the words to express wants going on. But thankfully consistency is really helping both her and us. 

Joe lays a hand on my thigh like he always does but today it's really distracting, and I get a tingly feeling, so I start to rub my thighs together. "You okay Taylor?" 

"No I'm not" I whine, and he looks puzzled "what's wrong love?" 

"The way your hand touches me. I get really horny" I whine, I really want sex right now. I don't know how I can go from thinking about Ellie responding to the new baby to think about how much I want to have sex with joe right now. 

Joe chuckles "I always lay my hand on your thigh" 

I pout "yeah, I know. But right now..." I clench my teeth together "... I swear to God If you weren't driving I would fuck you right here" I sigh and lean back against the headrest. 

"Once Ellie goes to sleep, and if you're still in the mood, we can have some naked time love" he says and rub the inside of my thigh which causes me to burst out crying. "Taylor?" he asks clearly concerned now.