snowy playdate

January 2023 

-Taylors pov- 

I'm sitting at the piano working on some new music. Even though I'm still doing the re-recording I just can't stop making new music as there is always some sort of inspirations that strikes. It doesn't matter at what time of the day I get an idea or melody, I run to the piano or guitar, or just record it into my phone. This part is my favorite part of my job, it's just so much fun. 

These days I'm in doing promotion for my debut album (Taylors verson) that dropped two days ago. It's so exiting to release these old tunes in a new way and adding songs that almost made the album. The response has been amazing, and the reviews are ticking in, and it makes me really happy. Sure, not everyone loves it, but I choose to look at the positive stuff, that's the only things tree sends to me to look at. It doesn't matter what a tiny gossip tabloid says when sources like rolling stones are loving it. In the big picture it doesn't matter. 

But I'm not doing these re-recordings for money or more fame, I'm doing it to take ownership of what was stolen from me right under my nose. It's about me owning what's rightfully mine and having this experience with my fans. After all, my fans are the only reason I get to do this. 

"Mommy!" a toddler voice rings through the house, and I can hear her tiny footsteps coming towards me, so I turn to greet her. She comes running over to me and I pick her up and set her in my lap "hi my little munchkin, are you done playing with play dough with daddy?" I say her and kiss her cheek. "yes" she says and nods her head. 

She is growing up so fast, already she is 2years and four months old. It's crazy to think about that three years ago I was pregnant with her, and now she is here in my arms and becoming this person that I adore so much. She has a strong personality already and knows what she wants, just like her mommy. I was like that too at her age so it's no wonder she takes after me. I was a bubbly child that loved music and was not shy, joe was the opposite he was a really shy boy. 

"Mommy music? Sing?" she says and clap her hands together, she loves music so much. "You want to sing with mommy?" I ask her and she nods her head, so I turn us around and start to play a gentle song for her. Like usual I play long live as it's such a special song in so many ways. 

We stay here and play tunes for a while and with the nursery rhymes she knows she sings along in a mixture of incoherent words and words that sounds perfect. She is such a good talker already and it's so much fun that we can have actual conversations with her now. 

"Anna?" she stops my playing with her hands "you want to sing do you want to build a snowman don't you?" I say and tickle her chin. It's funny that frozen one came out ten years ago but it's still so popular among kids. Ellie loves that movie and have lots of frozen toys. Princesses is a big hit around our house these days. She has joe wrapped around her little finger with that because she gets him to wear crowns and dance with her. 

I just got back from New York yesterday after a couple of days there doing interviews. This time I didn't bring Ellie or joe as it was so hectic and always something happening. I was on jimmy Kimmel, jimmy Fallon and Seth Mayer doing promo. I'm not doing a full press tour that I usually do with new albums, I haven't done that since lover actually, I'm only doing some stuff. Partly because its re-recordings and also because I don't want to be long away from Ellie. Sure, she could come with but that's not always possible. She is a toddler that loves to run around and explore, that's not really fit for always flying around and going from one hotel room to another across the world. She is my priority, always. 

We finish playing when she gets bored and go to join joe who is working. He is reading scripts for new stuff he might appear in soon. There are lots of options, so he is trying to figure out what's right for him. Ever since the pandemic more or less ended last year it's been more work for both of us. The virus is still around us, it's probably never going to leave, but it's not lookdown or stuff like that anymore. It's refreshing to have some sense of our normalcy back.