Mouse Trap (Jack and Mark)

Start from the beginning

The giant man was humming a tune as he set his bags down on the coffee table. He tossed his keys onto the couch cushions and started shouldering his jacket off. Mark couldn't bear to watch any longer and closed his eyes, sinking into nauseating darkness to embrace his demise. As the human whistled a section, his footsteps vibrated through the floorboards, sending chills through Mark's broken body. He saw the world grow darker past his closed eyes. And then the ditty came to a complete halt.

"... What the... Hell...?" Mark heard the human mutter to himself. His heart raced faster, but he couldn't do anything. He knew the houseowner had seen him. And he knew he couldn't run, or hide. He was trapped, stuck with his own stupidity and a debt to pay for his mistakes. His chest tightened anxiously as he dared to peek up: the immense blurry figure was crouching above him, looking down with his piercing eyes wide with shock. He was dimly aware of his ragged breathing growing quicker, but all he could focus on were those eyes.

The human's lips moved, but he didn't speak. It seemed he couldn't, too astounded by his discovery to even think straight. But after what felt like forever to Mark, he saw the human lift his looming hands to reach down at him. He immediately turned his head and closed his eyes, squinching up to brace himself with a whimpery breath. He heard the man take a sharp breath at his sudden movement, and then a shaky swallow.

"O-oh my god, oh my god, okay, okay um... Oh god...!" Warm leather brushed his leg, sending a wave of fresh pain rolling through the borrower. Mark yelped, and he was surprised by the human's next words. "Oh shit, shit, I'm sorry! Damn, I- I'm so sorry, I-I gotta move this though, it-it's gonna hurt." He's apologizing? Mark realized numbly. But before he could dwell on it, the leathery texture enveloped his leg again. The borrower grit his teeth as his leg was squeezed, but nothing prepared him for the next act.

"AAHHH!!!" A scream escaped Mark's lips before he could stop himself. The bar had been lifted up off his knee, and his entire body dragged as his leg was moved out of the way of the trap. He felt a flinch and dizzily looked, feeling even more faint when he realized the houseowner had his fingers gripped around his own tiny leg. He moaned in pain, sick with duress, and he barely had the energy to hear the human profusely apologize-- again.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry I had to, I had t'-- oh my god, yer leg is all sorts of messed up. Jeysus, you are not in good shape, are ya? Are you okay? Well, no, course ya aren't, but...!" Mark forced his eyes to open all the way, almost seeing double now. It was impossible to miss the looming figure hunched over him though. He saw the large man take a sharp breath, shock having given away to alarm and concern. "Oh yer in really bad shape," he fretted, "D'ohh, I never shoulda bought those stupid traps, shouldn't have been so cheap!" His leg was set down, and the human got up, now towering over the borrower like a skyscraper. Mark flinched as the houseowner hurried off to somewhere, but as soon as the giant was out of sight he immediately turned over and tried to get up.

It was a complete flop. His muscles were sluggish and stiff, exhausted from the lack of sustenance. The borrower grit his teeth as he tried to push up, but he barely even got up on his good leg when the footsteps returned. Out of instinct, Mark drew back, but he cried out and staggered, his bum leg immediately giving out on him.

"Oh shit!" The human set a white case down and came back to a crouch. "A-Are you okay little duder!?" Mark's breath quickened when he saw that he was now surrounded by the human's hands; they were cupped to the ground in a supporting ring, loosely circling his small battered body. Mark turned over and tried to look for escape, but then the back of his shirt was pinched, and he was pulled up off the floor. He gasped and fidgeted, but he was completely out of control as the floor shrank beneath him, and he heard the human muttering a string of apologies as he was moved through the air and set on something warm and scratchy.