Fall for me instead (part 20)

Beam's P.O.V.

Today was our last night here. We were all packing since we were supposed to be out of here by lunch. I couldn't help but feel sad. I was sitting on the bed looking at Forth who was finishing packing his stuff.

"Why are you sulking over there." He said glancing at me for a second.

"I'm not." I said looking down at the bed. I couldn't help it. I was sad.

"Hey what's wrong?" Said Forth coming over and sitting beside me.

"Im just feeling sad. We just started dating and we are leaving and it's all my fault. We wasted our whole summer when we could've been together." I said feeling the tears welling up in my eyes. Why was I so stupid?

"Hey no don't cry! I'm glad everything happened the way it did." He said and I looked at him surprised.

"Why? Don't you regret that I wasted our time here being insecure?" I said and he shook his head no which surprised me.

"I don't. Let's put it this way. Let's say we meet in a normal setting. Like we happened to be at the same bar and by some reason I ended up sitting next to you or something. If I tried to make a move on you, you've probably would have punched me in the face. Or even if by some miracle you ended having feelings for me. With your denial we would have ended drifting apart. We are here living together and inevitably seeing each other every day and it took you this long. Out there we probably wouldn't have made it." He said and I sighed. He was right though I would've run at the first sight of feelings and we would have never crossed paths again.

"You're right. That doesn't help it though I still feel bad." I said and he sighed.

"I know you are scared of what's gonna happen tomorrow. Are you finally ready to talk about it?" He asked and I gulped. Even if I didn't want to I needed to know.

"I'm not but we should talk about it." I said and he nodded.

"Fine I'll start. I'm an university student. As I mentioned before I study engineering and I live at the dorms." He started to say but I shushed him.

"Wait im scared! What if your university is at the other side of the country from mine?" I asked and Forth looked at me sternly.

"Then we will make it work. I'll even transfer if I have to as long as it's a good university and it has engineering course ok?" He said and I nodded unsure.

"Ok continue." I said.

"I study at moon university in Bangkok." He said and I gasped. No way. "What? Is it far from yours?" He asked and I shook my head.

"NO ITS THE SAME!" I yelled excitedly and he seemed relieved quickly jumping to hug me.

"What? How? What faculty are you in?" He asked.

"I'm in the medical faculty." I said and he nodded.

"Oh makes sense why we didn't cross paths then. Our faculties are the farthest apart and your dorms are in the first couple of buildings." He said thoughtfully.

"I feel like a weight has been lifted off of me. I was so sure you were gonna live all the way across the country and I wouldn't be able to see you or anything." I said letting out a relieved sigh.

"See we didn't have to worry about anything." He said and I nodded.

"I love you Forth." I said sincerely and he looked surprised for a second before smiling warmly at me.

"I love you too Beam." He said leaning in to give me a kiss.

Our moment was broke by a knock on the door followed by Yihwa opening the door.

"Why did you knock if you were just gonna open it anyway." I said rolling my eyes.

"I was giving you a warning but I wouldn't have mind seeing something I wasn't supposed to." She said and I threw a pillow at her.

"Pervert." I said and she laughed.

"Just kidding idiot. I just heard you saying I love you to each other I knew you weren't doing anything. Anyway I came here because everyone is downstairs spending time together except you two." She said.

"We will be down soon." Said Forth and she nodded.

"You better be because if I have to come up here again I will grab you both by the ear." She said before laughing.

Reluctantly we separated from each other and went downstairs for a while. I was surprised but happy when I came to know that Yihwa, Knock, Korn, Pernpleng and Cho were from a university nearby just a ten minute drive from ours. The rest were a bit further away being an hour away from Bangkok. Still we made plans to meet each other and promised to make a group chat soon. We all went to sleep feeling content with our time here and most of us having found love. In the morning though we were all teary eyed saying goodbye.

I wonder what Phana and Kit will say when they hear about my summer. They must be back by now and I don't know if they know anything about what been happening. They will be surprised. After they kill me that is. I disappeared two months after sending a message through the group chat. I can't even begin to imagine how will they act. They won't believe I feel in love with a guy until they see it with their two eyes. I can't wait to see the look on their faces when I tell them about Forth. I have missed them a lot it's the longest we have been apart. I think they were expecting me to join their vacation half way through if I got bored. Instead I decided to do a crazy thing and participate in a reality show. I can't wait to meet them.

A.N.

You all received me back in the last chapter with so much love! I'm very thankful for that honestly. Your comments all of them cheered me up a lot. I also managed to put things into perspective a bit more. Even if things are hard not everything is bad and you guys are proof of that. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of your support! There's still a few chapters left for this story and I'm excited to share them with you! Hopefully really soon. As always please stay safe and I will see you on the next chapter!