Regret (part 5)

Kit's P.O.V.

"Where are we going?" Asked Beam following me.

"To where the engineering guys are staying." I said not being able to come up with a lie quickly.

"What? Why?" He questioned.

"You will just have to trust me on this because I don't even know how to explain." I said.

"I don't know you are acting suspicious I am worried." He said. As we were reaching the front porch of their house we could hear them talking.

"Just listen this is important and be quiet." I whispered hiding and he did the same looking at Forth.

"What is this? What are you doing? What is he gonna say?" Beam started whispering. I just glared at him and made a zipper motion with my hand. Once he was quiet I turned to their conversation. Park gave me a thumbs up since he was standing behind Forth and was the only one who could see us.

"Just admit it Forth. There has to be a reason you insisted on coming here. If you don't tell us we will leave today." Said Lam.

"Seriously? Let's just stay a few days. There's something I need to do." He said and Lam looked confused.

"What could you possibly have to do here? We are on vacation. On the beach! None of us like the beach. We have been inside playing online all day." Said Lam.

"Can't you just let me be? I'll tell you some other time. Just let me do this. Let's stay for a few more days." He said determined.

"Does it have something to do with Beam?" Asked Lam and Forth seemed taken aback. I looked at Beam who was shocked too, he even looked scared.

"Why do you ask?" Said Forth raising an eyebrow.

"You are acting weird around him. I don't want trouble with them. If you are looking for a hookup with Beam we are leaving." Said Lam and Forth seemed mad now.

"I don't want to hookup with him! I genuinely like him you fucking idiot. I came here to try and be close to him why are you acting like I'm doing something wrong. He seemed sad the day they left to come here and I wanted to make sure he is ok." Said Forth and Beam looked beyond shocked. I was expecting him to go and say something to Forth mow that he knew. I was surprised when I saw him tear up.

"Beam." I whispered.

He just turned around and took off running. I was left dumfounded. I looked at Park who was waving his hands asking what happened. I just shrugged confused too. Forth seemed to realize they were acting weird and looked at Park before looking at me.

"What did you all do?" He asked raising his voice. I just scratched the back of my head awkwardly. Forth turned to Park who shrugged before looking at Lam. "Somebody better start talking right now." He said and I sighed. I was about to speak but Lam beat me to it.

"We already knew you liked Beam. So we came up with a plan to get you two together. We wanted to give you two a push so we got you to confess while Beam heard everything." Said Lam and Forth looked furious.

"Are you all for real! Like seriously I cant believe this right now. I was making progress here and you all just undid it in five minutes! How on earth did you think that was the right thing to do seriously? Haven't you noticed he's scared and probably running away from his feelings! Ive been paying attention to him for a long time. I knew that if this was going to work I had to slowly and patiently approach him I couldn't just let out my feelings at once or I will scare him away. Which is exactly what you all did. So instead of helping us you probably ruined everything." Said Forth sitting down on the front porch stairs running his hands through his hair.

"We are sorry, we will fix this." I said glaring at Lam.

"No, stop you will just make it worst. I will figure this out or at least try to. So don't do anything unless I ask you to. He was finally opening up to me and now he's probably scared and will try to run away from me." Said Forth sadly and I felt so freaking guilty.

"I should look for Beam. Im sorry Forth we were just trying to help." I said.

"Just go and make sure he is ok. I would go myself but I know he doesn't want to see me right now." said Forth sadly I just patted his shoulder.

"I will text you when I find him. If you need our help you can tell us we would do anything. This wasn't our intention. We thought if he heard you confess that will give him the push he needed to accept his feelings and be with you." I said before leaving feeling extremely guilty. I walked back to Ming who was the only one sitting at the beach. 

"Have you seen Beam?" I asked him when I was close enough for him to hear me.

"He left with you. Did something happen?" he asked and I sighed.

"I will tell you later now I need to look for him." I said walking away. He's not at the beach since Ming didn't see him so I am hoping he is inside the house. after looking for a while I found him on his room sitting by the window looking at the ocean.

"Beam." I said softly entering the room. He turned to look at me for a second before looking out the window again.

"I don't deserve him Kit." he said sadly and it broke my heart.

"Beam, don't say that." I said.

"It's the truth! I was better thinking that him liking me back was impossible. I was enjoying my time with him. I just wanted to spend my vacation close to him, make some memories and the move on. He deserves someone better. Ive been feeling this way for a long time and I thought I hid my feelings pretty well, so well that even I was in denial. Guess I was only lying to myself since you realized too." he said.

"Listen to me Beam Baramee. I have watched you suffer for a long time. It took me a while to realize what was happening with you. I don't know why you are thinking like that. But you deserve to be happy! Forth deserves to be happy to and he wants to be with you. This way you are not only torturing yourself but him too. Even if you think he deserves better he wants you not someone else this way you are only hurting him. Is that what you want?" I said and beam looked at me with teary eyes. he shook his head no.

"No, I just I don't know." he said softly.

"You don't have to go through this alone. I know you never want to bother other people with your problems and that you like solving things on your own. But Im here if you need help. I have always been here silently supporting you. But I have watched you struggle for long enough on your own. Thats why I wanted you to know you were love. I thought that you were unsure if he felt the same way not that you were insecure. That's why we came up with that stupid plan and it was a mistake so I am sorry. He loves you Beam Ive seen it with my own two eyes don't shut him down we can work through this." I said hugging him and he started crying. I don't know how but I will help him and I will make things right. He deserves it, they both do.