Is it love? (part 10)

Beam's P.O.V.

Today we were finally returning to the games. Everyone was up and ready early. Today we cut our players in half. The game was tug of war. We were going against Park and Lam. I was so mad at them I could drag them  both myself to the mud in a heartbeat. We had to wait for our turn. It was a hot day and I was sweating. I went to look for a bottle of water and when I returned Forth had taken off his shirt. I gulped watching his toned back. Damn he's really fit, I knew that but I never put that much attention. I took being in denial to a whole different level. I returned back to my senses when he turned around. As I felt myself getting caught I choked on my water. He probably didn't notice I was staring at him but I was surprised.

"Wow are you ok?" He asked coming to me and I nodded.

"Yeah. Here I brought you some water." I said handing him the bottle I was carrying for him.

"Thank you." He said taking it. To my dismay he drank half the bottle and threw the rest on himself. I couldn't stop staring at him. I was glad when they called us to play so I could have a distraction. I was in the front so I could be able to concentrate. I looked over at Lam and Park with a glare. They were smirking.

"We better drag them down so hard they eat the mud." I said to Forth who nodded determined. We concentrated on the game and when they shouted us to start Park and Lam didn't stand a chance. I pulled with all my strength. I was so mad at them. In the blink of an eye they were both on the mud. Everyone was shocked while Forth and I just high fived.

"Yes we are so close to winning!" I said hugging Forth while jumping around. He stopped when I said that though which confused me.

"You are really eager to win this thing huh." He said and I nodded.

"Of course! I've been waiting for this moment for so long!" I said excited but realized Forth wasn't happy too. He was smiling sadly at me.

"I'll be right back." Said Forth leaving and I just looked at him walk away confused. What's the sudden change in his attitude? Shit did I just mess up again? I can't catch a break really but I deserve it. I sighed looking at Forth talking with his mom and that Wayo guy approaching him. What is he even doing here still? Wasn't I clear yesterday?!? Both Park and Lam came over.

"Seems you two are really mad at us." Said Lam.

"You two are acting like assholes." I said.

"We're just tired of how things are going. You were acting like an asshole in the beginning of summer too." Said Park.

"I was just confused and scared! I never thought of the possibility of him having feelings for me or I having feelings for him. Everyone always joked about us being together and I don't know I didn't like it. Then suddenly out of nowhere he says he has feelings for me and I'm just left feeling confused. I never expected that, not in the way it happened and it took me some time and hurting the both of us to realize. It wasn't a walk in the park for me either I wasn't happy while he was suffering I was just confused and here you are treating me like I killed somebody. I'm trying to fix it now! Yeah you helped me realized my feelings for him and yeah I thank you for that. But you both are acting like assholes too and you are hurting the both of us too. There was better ways to help us." I said walking away too.

We still had some time before the next game. I didn't try to find Forth. I guess he needed some space. I sat in bed trying to think why the hell he was suddenly mad when Park and Lam walked in.

"We are sorry. I guess we've just seen Forth love you for such a long time and then you rejecting him we got protective. In the process we forgot that you might be hurting too." Said Lam and I nodded.

"It's ok I get it." I said not wanting to fight anymore. I had more important things to do.

"Wayo really likes him though so we were hoping he could move on from you with him. But you don't have to worry he only has eyes for you. We will tell him to back off." Said Park this time.

"I know I see how he looks at Forth. I just want to drag him away from Forth when I see him." I said and they laugh.

"That was a great match today. You two dragged us down like we weighted nothing." Said Lam and I laughed.

"Yeah I guess we were both pretty mad." I said laughing too.

"Looks like one of you is going to win. Forth will probably let you win so what your asking for?" Asked Park and my eyes widened.

"Shit." I said standing up from the bed. "I know why Forth is mad." I said.

"Why?" Asked Park.

"Before I realized my feelings for we were talking about what we wanted if we won. I said that I would ask for everyone to stop talking about us as a couple and that we would only be friends like before." I said feeling frustrated with myself.

"Damn that's a though one." Said Lam.

"Just win and ask him to love you instead of something cheesy like that I bet he'd love it." Said Park.

"That's actually not a bad idea." I said thinking about it. Mom came to look for us.

"The next game is about to start." She said and I nodded standing up. As I went through the door last mom pulled me aside.

"I thought you and Forth were good now?" She asked.

"We had a misunderstanding don't worry I will fix it." I said and she nodded.

I walked with mom to were the next game was set up. There were just two games left. This one was in pairs and the two who win will face each other for the winning title. There were supposed to be more but since we lost two days due to rain they shortened the games. Tomorrow in the morning was the last one. I approached Forth and that Wayo guy.

"Forth." I said getting his attention. He smiled at me.

"Sorry for leaving you earlier. I didn't mean to I just got a little caught up in my feelings and needed some space." He said and I nodded.

"I understand but I just wanted to tell you that if we win." I started to say but he cut me off.

"I know I know." He said looking at the ground.

"No, I won't." I started to say but was cut off again by my mom announcing the next game was about to start. I had to pay attention to what the game was since we didn't know what it was. Just like that I couldn't clear the air with him once again. I sighed focusing on my mom and the rules.

A.N.

This was supposed to be a longer chapter but I'm already falling asleep so I will end it here and hopefully  continue it tomorrow! As always stay safe and I will see you all on the next chapter! For now I'm going to sleep since I'm very tired.