Bad day (part 2)

Beam's P.O.V.

I woke up to the feeling of someone shaking me. I opened my eyes to see Forth. I slowly sat down.

"What?" I asked groggily.

"Sorry for waking you up but it's nine o'clock and you haven't eaten anything." he said and I nodded for a second before turning to look at him.

"How do you know?" I asked looking at him confused and he smiled.

"You said you were hungry. I ordered some porridge. Come on let's eat." He said and I nodded following him to the table.

"Thank you Forth. I owe you one." I said slowly eating the porridge.

"You don't owe me anything. Just get better and we are even." he said and I smiled. After that, we ate in silence. When we were done we both cleared the table.

"I know we are not close. I don't even know why you are doing this for me but I appreciate it." I said and he nodded.

"It's no problem. If one day you see me sick on the street return the favor." he said and I laughed.

"For sure I will. Hey, I know this is way too much to ask but would you mind staying the night?" I asked and he seemed like he was in thought for a second. I was getting nervous.

"Sure, I'll stay. Do you have some clothes I can change into?" He asked and I quickly nodded.

"Let me grab some for you." I said walking to my room. I grabbed a change of clothes and handed it to him.

"thanks." he said before disappearing to the bathroom. I got in bed again feeling sleepy. Still, I waited for him to finish. A part of me needed to be a 100% sure that he wasn't leaving. It wasn't long before he was climbing in bed next to me.

"Go to sleep. You look like you are fighting to stay awake."

"I was waiting for you."

"I'm not going anywhere." he said and I hummed in agreement before getting comfortable. "Hey Beam." he said after a few seconds of silence. I just turned to look at him.

"Next time don't just accept help from strangers ok? If you ever need help call me. I will leave you my number." he said and I nodded.

"I usually don't accept help from strangers. But I do know you. Not very well but I knew you were Phana's friend."

"Still don't do it again next time come to me. I will help you no matter what." he said.

"Thank you." I said. after that the conversation died down and we both fell asleep.

When I woke up I was alone in bed. It all felt like a fever dream. Except when I grabbed my phone there was a sticky note attached to it with Forth's number. I shook my head so it wasn't a dream then. Thankfully I was feeling better. I saved Forth's number before texting him.

-Thanks for staying the night! It's Beam.- B.

-No problem. I had to leave early for class. I have some time off in about fifteen minutes when I get out of class. Want me to pick you up? We can buy a battery and I will quickly change it for you." -F

-I don't want to bother you.- B

-It's not a bother. Be there soon.- F

I can't believe he's being this nice to me. Not that I mind but it's weird. Whatever I won't complain. True to his word twenty-five minutes later there was a knock on my door.

"Let's go." he said once I opened the door. I nodded following him. We walked to his bike. This time he handed me a leather jacket.

"Here put this on I don't want you getting more sick." He said. I just looked at it for a second. Where did he get it? He didn't have this one yesterday. He extended his hand more telling me to take it and this time I did. I put it on before getting behind him on the bike. First we went to buy a new battery then to my car. Surprisingly they weren't very far apart.

"This won't take long." he said opening the hood of my car.

"I don't mind either way. Take your time." I said standing beside him. It was early morning so still a bit cold. I put my hand in the jacket pockets and I instantly felt something touch my hand. Curiously I grabbed the things and took them out. It was a juice, a cookie and some medicine. I looked at them confused for a second. As I was about to put them back in Forth looked at me.

"Sorry! I just felt something touch my hand when I put it in the pockets. Didn't mean to snoop." I said a little embarrassed.

"It's for you. I'm guessing you didn't have breakfast or took your meds before coming with me." He said looking back to the car while talking. I felt my cheeks heating up.

"I... wow... thank you." I finally managed to say. I looked at the things in my hands and smiled. Is he this nice to everyone? Why is he so unapproachable then if he's so sweet. He's known Phana for months and we have even hung up in group together and I've never seen this side of him. I ate the cookie and drank the medicine lost in thought.

"It's done." he said bringing me out of my daydream.

"How can I repay you?" I asked.

"First get in your car and see if it actually works." He said and I just laughed but did as told. It turned on which was no surprise. Before I could even think about what to say he continued talking.

"No need to thank me again. I feel as if I've heard that a thousand times since yesterday. You don't owe me anything just take care of yourself." he said ruffling my hair.

"But..." I started to say but he glared at me.

"I did it because I wanted to. If I didn't want to I would've turned away when I first saw you kicking your tire." he said and I sighed.

"Fine, I will find a way to get even somehow. But I'm seriously thankful you know." I said and he nodded.

"See you when I see you. Remember never to accept help from strangers. Just text me if you need anything." he said before walking away. I just shook my head and smiled.

A few weeks passed before I saw Forth again. As I said he wasn't my friend. He was Phana's friend and they barely hung out. So this wasn't uncommon. We were going to the movies with Kit, Ming, and Wayo when we saw them walking in the mall.

"Hey, long time no see." said Forth approaching Phana.

"Been busy with exams and stuff. But we need to hang out soon." said Phana.

"Yeah you know where to find us when you want to." said Forth.

"Sure, we will be there this weekend probably after we are done with this week's quizzes." said Phana.

"See you then." said Forth walking away. I thought he wasn't going to acknowledge me but then he looked at me. I smiled at him and he did the same then winked at me before he continued walking. It would be weird if he greeted me out of nowhere when he usually doesn't. But I'm glad he didn't completely ignore me.

A.N.

So I just realized the last 4 updates didn't publish themselves. Since they were already written I scheduled them to post themselves. Or at least I though I did. Turns out I didn't and I hadn't even been on wattpad these last two weeks until today because I saw a notification for a comment. But hey at least you didn't have to wait half a year like last time 😂. anyways happy holidays! Hows life? I just quit my job last week and it was a shit show. But hey more time for writing I guess. Stay safe as always and I will see you guys on the next chapter.