Bodyguard (part 10)

Forth's P.O.V.

When I woke up I noticed Beam sitting at the end of bed with his book studying. As soon as he felt me move he looked up. I groaned trying to sit down and he helped me.

"Don't move around too much you are hurt." He said.

"I'm ok don't worry." I replied.

"I ordered some food for us. It should be here soon. Just some soup you need to eat something light today." He said and I nodded. I wasn't that hungry anyway.

"Thank you." I said and he looked down.

"No need to thank me it was the least I could do." He said. I was about to respond when there was a knock on the door. He instantly got up and left me in the bed alone. He took a while before he was back with a tray of food.

"No, you need to eat too. Let's eat at the table. Both of us at the same time." I said.

"But..." he started and I cut him off.

"No but's either that or I don't eat." I said and he sighed.

"Fine just let me help you walk to the table." He said and I let him waiting patiently for his help. We ate in silence Beam seemed lost in though which worried me a little.

"I want to take a shower after I eat." I blurted out and he looked at me surprised. "I mean, that came out wrong. I wanted to ask if I can with this bandage on?" I said and he smiled.

"Yeah but a quick one. I will change it after you come out." He said and I nodded.

"Well then I'm done with my food. I will take a shower now." I said and he nodded.

"Just shout if you need help." He said and I walked to the bathroom. I did as told and took a quick shower. It wasn't until I got out that I realized I didn't have any clothes here. I put a towel around my waist before calling Beam.

"Beam! Can you come here for a second." I said and as if he was waiting he popped his head out through the door.

"What's wrong?" He said concerned.

"Nothing, I just don't have any clothes here." I said and he nodded.

"I got some for you. I sometimes buy oversized clothes to use around the house since they're more comfortable. You can use this." He said going out of the bathroom for a second and coming back with some clothes.

"Thank you." I said. I got dressed slowly since it hurt. After I was done I walked out of the bathroom. I don't know if it was me but I felt a bit awkward and I think he did too. Beam was waiting for me with the first aid kit ready to change my bandages. I noticed that he barely touched me while doing it which seemed a little weird.

"Does that feel alright?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yeah thank you." I said leaning against the headboard of the bed. I still felt a little tired.

"Right it was nothing. I'll be in the kitchen if you need me." He said quickly walking away. The kitchen though? We just ate so what is he doing there? I was waiting for him to come back but I fell asleep again waiting. I woke up a few hours later confused. When I checked my phone it was past midnight. Where the hell is Beam? I got up searching for him and found him sleeping on the couch he didn't have a blanket nor a pillow.

"Beam." I called when I was close enough and he instantly sat down.

"What? what's wrong? Are you hurt?" He quickly started asking.

"No, I'm fine. Why are you sleeping here?" I asked and he seemed startled.

"I was watching tv and fell asleep." He lied and I rolled my eyes.