Mommas birthday Part 2

Y/ns Pov

The box is blank. (Yes I really made you wait all this time just for that). Does she not know who my biological dad is? Does she even know who he is? Is it blank to keep her past private? Is it to try and keep me and him apart? Why is it blank?

I wave of sadness flooded my body as I stared at the empty box, wondering who my dad could be. I know she told me about him, but I can't help but want to find out more. I just don't like to bring him up incase it upsets her, makes her feel like she's not good enough for me, even though she is. She's the best person I have ever met, the best mother I could ever ask for, but I just want to know this anonymous man, and why he doesn't want me.

"Y/n, did you get lost" I heard colin shout from inside the house, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"HaHa!" I sarcasticly yelled back, as I put the certificate back into the box, so it didn't look like it had been touched, before closing the flap.

I turn to the door of the car and see the handles to the paper bag sticking out of the compartment in there.

"Found it" i joyfully mumbled to myself. Shrugging off my disappointment and negative emotions. I carefully pull the bag out, quickly shutting the car door behind me as I got out, locking it and running back inside.

I skipped over to mom, placing the gift beside her bucket as I sat on the stool beside her.

"Thank you, honey, I love it" she told me with a loving smile, still chewing on a wing.

"But- you haven't even opened it yet" I laughed at her, being cut off by a sudden tap against my arm that's laying on the counter.

I look down to see my food, laying there, waiting to be eaten, before looking up to find my dad looking at my with a smile, as he pushed over my drink, which also stopped as it hit my arm.

"Oh, thanks" I smiled at him before digging into my food.

"Does anybody want any?" Mom spoke up, interrupting the comfortable silence that fell between us as we ate.

"No thanks" I replied as I shoved two chips in my mouth. "I'm stuffed" I added, but it sounded muffled from my full mouth.

The others, however, had a different opinion.

"Yes please!" Rose spoke, climbing up onto her knees to reach into the bucket, taking out two wings.

"I'll have some too" Dad also spoke, reaching into the bucket, taking some. "Thank you honey-" he thanked.

"-bunny" I cut him off, giving him a cheeky smile, whilst scrunching my nose at what i just did, earning a small chuckle from him and mom before continuing to drink my coke.

I watching as she got up from her stool, making her way to the sink to wash her hands, before returning back to her seat between me and rose.

She puck up the gift that sat there on the counter, begging to be opened. I cringed a little, thinking about how cheesy of a gift it is, as she opened it, pulling out the fancy square box.

I ducked my head down a little out of the shyness that overcome me as she lifting the lid off've the box, now having the necklace in site. She gasped as she placed the box down on the counter top, taking out the necklace and examining it close up.

"Thank you!" She exclaimed as she turned to me, pulljng me into a loving hug.

"Soo, does that mean you like it?" I questioned, raising my eyebrow. "Ov course i love it, it loves me." She joked, having had read the writing in the middle, making me laugh.

"Can i see?" Rose chimed in as we pulled away from the hug. Mom turned to her and showed her the necklace, not letting her greasy hands touch it.

"Thats pretty" Rose said, losing interest pretty quickly. "It is" Mom smiled at her before turning back and putting the necklace back in the box.