Results

Scarlett POV

We made our way back to the car and hopped in. I sat there for a second thinking about how this could change our lives forever. I turn my head to look at y/n to see that she's deep in thought aswell, she has a worried expression written all over her face. I gently place my hand on her shoulder and rub it.

"Sweetie, it's gonna be okay, okay?" I reassured her and she nodded in response displaying a fake smile.

I gave her a soft smile in return.

"What if it we find out that im not your daughter, then what was all of this bonding for?" A tear rolled down her cheek and her expression saddened.

"Honey, you're still specail to me no matter what, I've gotten to know the brilliant person you are and won't just abandon you okay, I promise" I promised as I held out my pinky finger to her.

She giggled through her tears as she intertwined her Pinky with mine making me grin.

"Alrighty, shall we get those results" I ask with more enthusiasm.

"Yes we shall" she replied matching my tone as she lay back in the passenger seat, making herself more comfortable.

"Honey" I said suddenly. She looked at my and raised her eyebrows as if to ask what. "Seatbelt" she scoffed.

"Your such a mom" she laughed as she put her seat belt whilst shaking her head, causing me to chuckle in reply.

....

We arrived at the station and I was unbuckling my seatbelt as I looked over at y/n. She was sitting still not moving, just staring at the station in front of us.

"Come on kiddo, we havn't got all day" I tapped her thy. She snapped out of her thoughts and looked at me.

"Sorry, what" She asked with a raised eyebrow as she unbunkled her seatbelt too.

"Nevermind" I chuckled.

We both got out the car and headed into the station, hand in hand. Poor kid, only just turned 16 and is going through so much.

We got to the desk and saw the same lady from a few days ago.

"Hello again" she greeted

"Hi" I replied with a grin. "I'm here to collect the dna results"

"Ooh yes" she said as she handed me another signature board "sign this first to say that you have recieved the test results and I'll be right back with them" the lady grinned as she got up and went through the same door as last time.

Y/n sighed as she watched me sign the board.

"What's wrong honey" I quietly said to her as I stroked her cheek.

"I really don't want this to end" she mumbled.

"What do you mean?" I asked

"I don't want you to leave, I don't want to leave, I wanna stay with you. Your way more fun that my other family" she said sadly as I finished the signature.

I turned around and hugged her tightly. "It's okay baby" I reassured her.

The lady came back with the result papers and handed it to me.

I went over and sat in the seating area with y/n as we both stared at the papers.

"You ready?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"I'm ready" she confidently said. "Wait-" she quickly added. She jumped onto me and wrapped her arms tightly around my neck, I wrapped my arms around her back and held her close.