Chapter 1: Meeting the Earl

For the sake of events that will happen in the future, the ages will be changed to be older. The characters such as Ciel, Alois, and Elizabeth "Lizzy" will be seventeen.

The sun was shining brightly on such a warm day. Birds flew through the sky and sang their sweet tune. With a marvelous blue color, Butterflies passed by the L/n Household as a confident woman was peering out of the window. Y/n gazed out of the window at the bright and cheerful day. On days like these, you liked to go outside and read, but today wasn't a good day for you to do so internally.

   " Do I have to go Mary? Why can I not stay here? " You asked, turning towards your maid, who had finished packing your suitcase.

   " Yes, Y/n, you do. You cannot stay here, while your parents are away. "

   " But why? "

   " Because it would be improper for a young woman to be left alone in her household, while no family of hers is present. "

You rolled your eyes and walked towards your bed, sitting down on the soft sheets. You looked towards the suitcase your maid had prepared and sighed. 

   " But the staff will still be here. You will be here. Why can I not be here? "

Mary stopped packing your suitcase and walked over to your side. She sat beside you on the bed and took your hand between hers. Like always, she would comfort you in times of distress. She has always been by your side, ever since she was hired. But while the head of the house and his wife would be away and the daughter being taken care of by another family, she was left to stay in the house and watch over the rest of the staff. To you, the staff as part of your family, and you enjoyed the presence of everyone in the house, and you didn't want to leave, even if it did look improper. 

   " As I said, it would not seem proper to others. A lady of status cannot be left on her lonesome with only her staff. People will talk, and your father doesn't want there to be any trouble for you, when you become the head of the family one day. He is only looking out for you. "

   " Still, I would much rather be here. I don't really know Earl Phantomhive. Father said he is my age, and that I knew him when we were younger, but It has been a long time since then, and the fire that took his parents has also been a long time away. I don't really know him. "

   " But your father trusts him. After all, they do business together, and your father is an admitted supporter of the earl. Maybe you two will get along. "

You only sighed as Mary continued to rub your shoulders before walking back to your suitcase and finishing the packing. You picked your bag up and walked out of your room, following behind Mary when the packing was done. Mary led you to the front doors, and she opened them for you. 

   " Thank you. "

You stepped through the door, and Mary closed the door behind herself. Your parents were waiting for you at the bottom of the staircase. You walked down the stairs, and the coachman took your suitcase and put it inside the carriage. You walked towards your parents, engulfing your mother in a hug.

   " Please be careful you two. I don't want you both to get into any trouble, or do anything to draw attention to yourselves. "

   " Are we not supposed to tell you that? " Your mother asked, smiling down at you.

   " We all know, that I am less reckless than you two are. "

   " I disagree, but let us say we are even. "

Your father hugged you and your mother together, and his embrace was loving.

   " My two girls. I couldn't imagine my life without either of you. "