Chapter 92

"Daisy to May, what's your status?" a voice rang through the jet making Nat look up at the cockpit to try and hear what was being said. May grabbed the radio transmitter.

"May to Daisy, we're 15 minutes out from the dock," she spoke back. "Alright, I've found a transmitters' line that went back there a few times, but I can't encrypt it to normal English, it's weird Russian but not exactly," Daisy said and Bucky already stood up out of nowhere, Nat frowned but let him.

"Sending it now," Daisy's voice said and May looked at Bucky shortly feeling some weird kind of concern for him but she didn't understand why. On a screen on the plane, the message could be seen.

"There's been a transport away from there to another place they call the frozezone..." Bucky read speaking confused at the end. "I'll look it up," Daisy's choice said and he kept staying looking outside of the window.

"We'll go in to check, keep me updated," May said back. "Will do," Daisy said and the radio transmitter was silent again.  Bucky took a moment before sitting in the chair next to May's while she was pushing some buttons making her look at him for a second but she didn't say anything.

"Did you like her?" Bucky asked after a long silence staring outside the window. "Celene? yeah, I liked her, she'd help me train newer recruits, went into the field together a few times," May explained but she saw him staring outside of the window.

"What about you?" May asked back and he took a deep breath thinking about her smiling softly for a second.

"I've known her since she was 13, I trained her," he said dryly and May looked at him with empathy knowing she had no idea what he'd been through.

"You trained her well," May said softly and he smiled softly. "Now she can easily beat me when she wants to," he said and May scoffed. 

"You and me both," she said jokingly before pushing buttons again. "We're landing," she shouted into the yet making everyone sit down as she landed the plane into a field.

They went into the field, ready to fight with Bucky and Nat walking upfront with the guns already in the air until they saw no one was there. They made their way to the location Daisy gave them seeing tracks on the floor of wheels in the dirt that stopped in front of it.

They went inside guns ready again, looking around nervously waiting for something to happen, but nothing did.

"You got visual in here?" May asked into her radio transmitter. "No I'm in the dark down there, there is no signal anywhere," Daisy said.

"We'll split up, clean the base, we don't know how big it is, so let's meet back here," Nat said and they nodded, May went with Bucky and Nat and Wanda went together. None of them seemed to be finding anything.

May sighed disappointedly that there wasn't anything, she nodded to Bucky to walk back who seemed to be equally disappointed. They turned around and walked back across a room that seemed to be a diner or cafeteria.

On the wall on the other side was a sticky note randomly placed, May walked to it to take a closer look and Bucky followed.

"Daisy there's a note," May said sounding annoyed into the transmitter. "Right, what does it say?" Daisy asked back sounding impatient.

"That we're too late," May said sighing. "You know who wrote it?" Daisy asked back.

"Yeah... Garret," May said annoyed and a long silence followed. "I'm going to get violent," Daisy said back making Bucky look confused not getting what was going on.

-----Meanwhile somewhere else-----

"Get up," a guard said waking me up as I was laying on the mattress confused about where I was. Last time I fell asleep on Steve, when did I get back there? I had no idea how much had passed, but that was a usual thing being down here...