Chapter 22

When it was 6:47 I decided I wanted to go train for a little bit after being awake forever and I was beginning to get bored. The tower was still completely silent which was unusual for everyone, but they all had a rough night.

When I was in the gym I focused on strength mostly this time, after warming up by running for a while I started lifting weights and training my legs, arms, etc. trying to gain as much strength as I could get in a short period.

In the end, I was aching but it felt nice to feel that again after a long time. I was still sweaty but went to the kitchen to drink something and ended up making a smoothie, so that was breakfast at the same time.

I was overthinking the situation about Loki all night and I was hoping for dear god things wouldn't get awkward between us or the group for that matter. I was sitting outside on the balcony in front of the living room seeing it was beautiful weather.

I heard groaning and the coffee machine so my first guess was Tony, I looked around to confirm my guess and saw Tony holding his face while drinking water and taking pain medicine. He grabbed his coffee and sat next to me on the couch outside.

"Goodmorning," I said happily to annoy him. He looked at me like he would punch me if he had the energy. "Hello," He said fake smiling.

"Okay I'll be leaving now, please behave and don't break the tower," Pepper said, she was wearing a posh outfit and a small handbag, probably going to the office or something. They kissed goodbye and Tony smiled when she left which was adorably amusing to see.

"Don't look at me like that," He groaned after she left and I was grinning at him. "What did you break?" I asked jokingly.

"Just a door and a mirror," He said defensively. I laughed at him. "How the hell did you do that?" I asked calming down.

"I don't remember," He said sarcastically smiling.

'Ohw ew'

"Did you think about it?" Tony asked after a few moments of silence. "About?..." I asked not knowing what he was aiming for.

"Going to school," He said. I did actually, I didn't know what to expect, I would probably look very dump, I would stand out in between freshman kids. I explained to Tony what my thoughts were and he completely understood that would be a weird situation.

But we came up with a clever solution; I would be sent to school with a fake background as an internship to my study to become a director. I would get tests at different moments and students won't see me as a fellow student even the teachers wouldn't know I was actually learning everything.

I would be put in random classes so they didn't suspect anything. Hell, I even would eat in the tutors' cafeteria. Tony told me he would make sure it would happen. I was thrilled and panicked at the same time to go to school.

'It will be okay'

Tony finished his coffee and me my smoothie and I went to put the dishes away when Steve walked in back from his run. "How was your run?" I asked. He took a glass of water and drank it empty before answering.

"It was good, I met someone on the way," He talked. I frowned my eyebrows and smiled. "Is she pretty?" I said jokingly. He looked at me smiling in disappointment.

"He used to be in the army, seemed nice," he explained. I chuckled and made a sad face as if I was disappointed he didn't meet a nice woman.

"Celene, I know you have a history but can you please explain what happened?" Steve asked sitting down and gesturing for me to sit next to him. I set next to him on the char on the kitchen island mentally preparing myself to talk about the princess downstairs.