Chapter 10

"Loki?" I was standing in the doorway in shock looking at the man in a pretty black suit. I really should've known they'd put him up to this. God, I hated this evening already. I could already feel how awkward this was going to be.

"Hello Celene, you look nice this evening," Loki told me, but not really convincing. Gosh, they probably told him to be nice.  I was looking him right in his eyes unimpressed, which I was. "Drop the fake attitude, they put us up to this, didn't they?" I asked him irritated. I saw his fake expression drop and an irritated Loki now stood before me.

"Yes they did, they want us to make it up, but I have the feeling you're not even going to bother to try and have a nice time," Loki told me. God, I really wasn't in the mood for this, I could've handled anyone but him, and now he was already acting like that. I know I wasn't acting nice too, but he had it coming.

"Okay, I'm not going to do this," I told myself and him. I felt that he was surprised, probably because he expected a shit comment back, but I wasn't going to be that childish. He just kept looking at me without any emotions showing, and I did the same.

"I'm sorry Loki, but I can't do this," I told him while closing the door. Before the door was closed Loki held it open with his hand, I frowned while looking at him questioning why he was doing this, but he looked surprised himself.

"Look, I know I crossed a line, and I can't make it up by saying sorry, but I am. So the least I can do is try to give you a nice evening," He told me while keeping his eyes on me. I didn't get him, one minute he is a gentleman, and the other I want to punch him.

Was I really going to try to have a nice time? Well, I guess so, I didn't want to make him feel worse too.  But I couldn't just forgive him like that, he doesn't know how bad I was struggling with these kinds of things he insulted me with. Well, he couldn't know, because I never told him.

"I'm not sure Loki... The others will have a better time without me," I told him more sadly than irritated. They took me because they thought it'll be fun for me and because they hadn't been out in a long time, I didn't want to ruin it with a fight with Loki.

"You don't have to keep me pleased or anything like that, just come along," He asked almost begging. "Fine, I will come," I told him, disappointed in myself that I gave in.

'Well it's in my nature'

He took a step back and let me get out of my room and close the door. He looked rather pleased that he convinced me.

"Let's just get this over with," I said rolling my eyes feeling the bracelets if they were closed properly. I started walking towards the elevator while Loki was following me, I didn't really feel his feelings after I put the bracelets on, but that felt rather nice. We walked into the common room and everybody was there wearing fancy clothing

Natasha was partnered with Bruce, wearing matching colours. They looked adorable.

Thor was partnered with a woman that worked in the tower apparently, she probably felt really lucky because she was all over him, basically putting her tits in his face, but he didn't seem to notice. So innocent.

Steve was partnered with Tony, which I thought was hilarious, Tony told me before he had a girlfriend called Pepper but she couldn't make it. And Steve didn't have a date. So the solution was to die for. But they both seemed okay with it. I loved the bromance.

Clint had his wife with him, she looked really nice and pretty.

When Loki and I walked into the room everyone was yelling how long it took and that they wanted to leave. They all started walking to the main elevator to go downstairs, me and Loki walked behind them, probably both feeling anxious in crowds.