Chapter 34

The next day we were all sitting at the dinner table together discussing some work things and I decided to drop a bomb.

"Why is Bucky still in that cage?" I asked and everyone went silent looking at me confused. "What?" Bruce asked just as confused as the rest. It came out of nowhere and some needed a moment to comprehend the question.

"Why is Bucky still locked up in the basement?" I asked like it was an obvious thing. "You know why," Tony said. I was calm but determined with them looking at me as if it could escalate any second, but I kept my cool.

"I want him to get out, this isn't making him have any progress, he's a human, he needs contact with others more than what he gets now," I explained.

"We can't babysit him, it's not safe to leave him alone," Steve said. "You're talking about your best friend, captain?" I asked him coldly. Steve looked down sadly probably knowing that somewhere I was right, he wasn't one to play by the rules if it wasn't right according to him, he should have let him out of there so much earlier.

"This is not a discussing this, he's dangerous," Tony said irritated.

"So am I, so is Nat so are all of us, don't tell me you never took a risk like this before, see if you can trust someone, in that cage is someone who needs help," I snapped at Tony who looked scared again, but I was intimidating, I knew that.

"Celene, we can't babysit him," Nat said softly.

"I'll watch him, help him, train with him since I'm the only one who seems to care," I suggested irritated. They all started thinking about it and gave each other looks, Loki looked hesitant and as much as I liked him, I needed to do something for Bucky.

"Fine, you help him, but if anything goes wrong, it's your responsibility," Tony warned. It made me wanna laugh at him for thinking it was, if anything was going wrong, it would be traced back right to them.

"Is it though?" I said daring back and I left them speechless because they knew I was right. But I did feel it was my responsibility to take care of him. I walked away and Loki followed me as I predicted, he wasn't agreeing, and I could understand why. We stood in the elevator and I went to my room to shower and wear something else than my pyjama. After that, I would go to Bucky.

"Please just tell me, I can hear your worries without hearing them," I said softly. "Do you truly think this is a good idea?" Loki asked worryingly.

"I do, and I'm sorry that the timing might be troubling for us, but we would be alright we'll figure that out, okay?" I told him. He looked confused at me.

"That was what you were worrying about right?" I asked him again. "It was," he admitted softly. I turned to him and sighed.

"This situation has been troubling me since he got here, and I can't stand it to see him like this anymore, they treat him like an animal, I need to do this," I explained. "I'm just worried you won't think about yourself when you're helping him, darling," Loki said when he cupped my face.

"That's what you're for," I said sarcastically and I stood on my toes to give him a soft kiss on his cold lips. "I will help you wherever I can," he promised me.

"Thank you, my prince," I thanked him chuckling at the nickname, Loki chuckled at the joke and we went to my room.

I showered and pulled on a nice outfit since it was pretty warm in the tower.