He stares back. Unflinching and detached. His emotions not reaching the surface yet I can see some things in them.

The lazy tiredness that makes his lids droop ever so slightly, causing him to look through his ridiculously long lashes.

The untamed frustration in them that I am here. In this room. Which, apparently is reason enough to be angry as he is.

The combination of the two which makes him even more so agitated and then fighting with that recurring glaze, which lights his eyes with the undetectable emotion it so clearly shows me now.

As much as I hate to admit it. As much as I, for some incredulous reason cannot be sure of, want to. I do not understand him. Not in the least.

After our time was up before we had to go to classes because people don't go to homeroom at this school apparently, I walk through the halls to math alongside both the boys and Althea

After our time was up before we had to go to classes because people don't go to homeroom at this school apparently, I walk through the halls to math alongside both the boys and Althea. Who, I learned, was in this class, last week. She wasn't in for my first lesson, which explains why I did not see her and recognise after.

Me and her walk only slightly in front of them as they are practically on our heels.

"Did we have homework?" I ask. Not remembering doing any and a small panic begins to bubble.

"You're worried about homework?" Angel inquired amusedly.

"Shut up." Althea quips. Forever finding little openings to bite at him. Just as he does her.

"No." The definite response leaves Lucas. "He never gives us any."

That panic dies down and my shoulders relax.

We reach the door to the classroom and Lucas opens it, letting us walk through as he follows behind.

The familiar burn from the other students' eyes does not go unnoticed. I feel their gazes follow us all the way back to the room while we seat ourselves. Althea sitting at a desk in front of mine that has been empty. Leaving her previous one in the middle of the room behind.

Mr Meyers is here, though he is much too engrossed in whatever is on his laptop to care about what we are doing.

How has he kept his job?

How did he get this job?

"So." Angel turns to us. "Where are we going for our free?"

"Can we go back to that cafe?" I sit a little straighter. I really liked that place.

"If that's what you want." He smiles at me.

I hear a deep sigh and spin to face Lucas. "What?"

He looks up at me but then retreats almost immediately. "Nothing."

"No. What is it?"

"Nothing." He comes back to me. Not faltering this time.

"Then why are you acting like that?"