42. A Happy Ending

Since your honeymoon with Kid, you have been married to him for about five years now. As the years passed, you grew stronger and your appearance changed more to your liking. Your crew got bigger and now they called you the strongest woman in the world, a matching title with your father.

In battle, they called you 'Maneater' or the 'Grim Reaper' as you preferred to use a scythe when you did use weapons. You were humming as you polished the blade of your weapon before one of your second-in commanders knocked on the door. It was the woman of the two whose name was Tao.

"Mighty Shogun, you've got visitors." Tao said politely.

"Thank you Tao, tell them I'm on my way down. Is it my husband?"

"No madame. It is another man who wishes to speak with you. He seems quite impatient." She muttered.

You harshly stabbed the staff of the scythe into the ground as you got up. A glare in your eyes. Whenever she said someone seemed impatient, it meant they were disrespecting your crew.

You exited the room, Tao following close behind. Your heels clicked as you walked down the stairs, your hand tightly gripping onto your scythe. You could hear the shouting of men as you walked downstairs.

"Gentlemen, gentlemen. Let's not be too disrespectful now. How can I assist?" You said with a grin.

The men turned to you and the tallest one began to laugh, the rest following him like a bunch of Hyenas. He put his arm on your shoulder and smirked.

"That's a cute joke dear. You're very beautiful but I need to see the boss." He said with a cool tone.

"You're speaking to her. Hurry and state your business. Not only did you yell at my crew, you came in here with your misogynist views." You growled.

He went to laugh in your face again before in a quick movement, you cut his arm off from you shoulder with your scythe. He began to scream as Tao dragged him out of the establishment, his crew following behind him.

"Victor. Be a dear and take this to my office." You called for your other commander. Victor walked over, taking the heavy scythe from you as he began to walk upstairs. You announced you were leaving and began to take your gloves off, tossing them aside as your worked rushed to grab them.

You exited the well built place and headed down the steps. There were buildings all dedicated to different sections that all led back to the main building where you resided. You had fountains, gardens, training grounds. Everything. You helped Kid expand his workshop more and even built him his own on your grounds.

As you walked towards your car, you hummed with a smile. You made a stop to one of the buildings where a woman wearing a beautiful yukata was located. She was good with building things and making surprise weapons for you.

"Do you have it prepared?" You asked.

"Just as asked Mighty Shogun! She's going to love it. I added just a few more things I believe she'd love. I wish her the best day!" She said as she clasped her hands.

You thanked her and smiled as you continued walking to your car. The keys jangled in your hand as you held a large present in your hand. You opened your car doors and tucked it into the passenger seat before getting in the drivers seat. You started the engine and pulled out of your establishment, driving over to your fathers house.

Kid would be waiting there with everyone else. After all, it was a big day. Not for you but someone else you loved. It was her special day and you were going to make it amazing. You quickly sped through the streets before you pulled into your fathers driveway. You got out, leaving the present in the car as you walked to the front door.

You pushed it open as something ran to you and hit your leg. You laughed as you crouched down, picking up a little girl. A boy trailed behind her, looking up at you with those golden eyes, she hugged you closely and smiled.

"Mommy!" She yelled. You giggled as you kissed her cheek.

"Hello my sweet. Happy birthday Ofelia." You said to your daughter.

She had your eyes and her fathers smile. Her hair was mostly like yours but had red tips in it. She was mischievous and loud like him unlike her little brother. Alecs, had his fathers red hair that was a darker shade that faded to your hair color. His eyes were golden and he was more quiet and reserved but he was clever just like his dad.

He had longer hair like Kid and he wore goggles that Kid had used when he was a kid. Ofelia on the other hand wore a little bandana to keep her hair out of her face.

"Thanks mama! I'm five now!"  She exclaimed.

You set her down and ruffled her hair as you walked to Alecs. You cupped his face and kissed your sons cheek with a smile.

"Hello Alecs. Did my two little angels miss me?" You asked them both.

"Yes!" They both said in unison.

You began to laugh as you heard your family shout 'no!' from the other room.

"Okay okay. Go on and get your present Ofelia, its in the car." You said. The girl excitedly squealed and ran out of the house. You picked up Alecs and walked into the living room where all of your family besides Kid was covered in scratches and paint.

"Ofelia...is a little devil..." Ace panted.

You laughed as you walked towards Kid. He wrapped his arm around your waist and kissed you passionately with a smile. You looked at Alecs then Kid. You pulled out your phone and pulled up a picture of your husband when he was a child. That fiery red messy hair and that evil little grin.

Alecs looked just like him but Ofelia had his personality.

"They're definitely your kids." You laughed. You heard Ofelia's excited yelling outside as Kid lifted your chin with his finger.

"They sure are. Look at all of this...we have a happy family, we're happily married. I've never been happier." He said.

"Remember, it's us on top of the world..." You said softly.

Kid chuckled at your words as you set Alecs down, letting the boy wander around. You wrapped your arms around your husband as he wrapped his mechanical arm around your waist, his human hand holding your chin.

"That's right. It is us on top of the world, us and our little family."

He said, sealing his sentence with a kiss. It was all you ever wanted. He dragged you down into his red hell and you don't regret a single thing, you were grateful for Niji's actions now. He was the reason you met your husband.

You were practically drowning in Kid's Red Sea of hell; and you were letting it happen, you didn't want to ever leave.

It was just you, him, and your family on top of the world; and you wouldn't have it any other way.

🎉 You've finished reading Sᴡɪᴍᴍɪɴɢ ɪɴ ʀᴇᴅᴅɪsʜ ʜᴇʟʟ. Eᴜsᴛᴀss ᴋɪᴅ. 🎉