22. The Bidding

He looked at you with a crazed look in his eyes before he began to walk towards you. Nervously, you started to walk backwards until your back hit the wall.

"Getting over me? You think you can leave now?" He said, his eyes wide before his mouth twitched into a grin.

You couldn't speak, you never saw him like this.

"You just don't know it yet, you're not over me. I know everything about you, more than you think. If I wanted to, I could use you to get benefits from Shanks or Whitebeard. I'm sure daddy would kill just to keep you safe." He said.

Your eyes grew wide as you furrowed your brows.

"Excuse me?" You said, snapping at him. He suddenly stepped back from you, his crazed expression leaving his face as a pained one met his face. He grabbed his head and looked at you.

"...Forget about what I said. Bonney's gotten to my head." He said harshly.

"What the hell was that?!" You yelled.

He ignored you.

"It was nothing. Just go home (Y/N), I have business I need to do and it's not like you're my girlfriend. Piss off already." He said before he walked into a separate room.

You stood there in the gasoline smelling garage, watching him leave before you placed your hand on your heart. It was beating quick, not only because of fear but he left you confused.

He knew everything about you? Whatever the hell it meant, it wasn't your concern. You had other matters.

Your work days were regular, today however was different. Your father would be at the casino with gang lords and the Yonko's. You of course were in uniform which made everything more weird. You knew you'd see Law again.

You leaned over the counter of the bar as your father downed another bottle of Saké by himself.

"Ye' looking a lil' tense." He said with a frown. You sighed as you leaned your head against the palm of your hand.

"I guess so. Kid has been acting weird and now I have to see Law after Kid separated us. I don't know how to feel." You confessed.

Your father only clicked his tongue.

"Don't be upset lass. Yer' gonna be fine, besides yer' just gonna play games against them. It's the bidding of the century lad! We host one every six months and ye' get to pick yer' own prize" He explained.

You perked up at the idea of games.

"So we plays games against some of the most powerful people but we make our own prizes instead of money?" You asked.

"Correct. Only certain lads challenge us and only a few win. Most times they end up dead anyways, most of the gang lords like to bet on lives but they're not gonna keep their word if they lose." Whitebeard said as you handed him another bottle.

"Really? If they get their lives and their opponent wins, they kill their opponent instead of giving them their lives?" You asked.

"Indeed lass, it's a cruel game but ye' get yer' share of money and treasures." He said as he erupted in laughter. He was one who liked treasure, alcohol and women. Quite the womanizer your father was.

"I have a good lad I want ye' to meet, he'll be here soon with his wife." He said. You hummed as your father was just ranting on about someone.

A blush painted your face as your eyes widened. A handsome older man was approaching the bar. He looked to be around your fathers age, he had white curly slicked back hair and there was a beautiful black-haired woman next to him smoking a cigarette.

He had an odd beard and the woman had a very laid back face. She looked as if she was twenty-two.

"Ah! Speak of the devil. This is the man of the hour and his wife." Your father said.

With wide eyes, you stared in shock as he extended his hand.

You shook his hand before you shook his wife's hand. Your father hugged them both tightly and they began to talk before your father looked at you and laughed.

"Oh right. This is Silvers Rayleigh, right hand man of the old King of Deals, Roger. The woman next to him is Shakuyaku." Your father said with a grin.

"Call me Shakky." The woman said kindly.

"Newgate, this must be your daughter? I'm ashamed to not have attended your party, I heard the speech was heartwarming." Rayleigh said with a grin.

Such a strong and important man was sitting right before you having a conversation with your father. You had to be dreaming.

"He's quite charming isn't he?" Shakky said with a smile. You awkwardly laughed

"I suppose so. Hey you look quite young compared to him." You said.

Shakky began to laugh, slightly banging her fist against the table.

"Oh darling, that's so sweet. I'm 64, not to mention 6'1" as well as a former member of Rayleigh's gang. I was known for being chased by a famous marine back then." She said with a giggle.

You stared at the woman in shock. No wonder she was married to Rayleigh. She was impressive.