29.True Explanation

Shanks laughed at Kids words, staring him down.

"Oh? I don't see a claim on her. Your relationship with her is one-sided, if she was yours...you'd have already asked her out." Shanks said with a mischievous grin.

He knew how to get a rise out of Kid; especially now after his lost battle. Kid growled and pulled you closer to his chest, refusing to let go.

"I don't have to make her my girlfriend. I've slept with her, you haven't." Kid said harshly.

"And how do you know that?"

"You think she would ever sleep with you after she asked you to spare my life? She would go to any extent but she wouldn't give up her dignity like that." Kid said with a smirk. He was on point.

"So why do you suppose we're on a date then? She has unfinished business with me." Shanks said.

"Doesn't fucking matter wh—"

"Kid, it's fine. Let me finish tonight with Shanks and I'll explain everything later. It'll make more sense in an hour or two. I do have unfinished business with him and I'm not going to break my deal." You said sternly.

Kid grumbled under his breath and let go of you. He leaned down, close to your face and cupped your cheek with his only arm.

"Hurry up and finish whatever this shit is. I need you back at my workshop when you're done." He said as he gave you a rough kiss goodbye before walking off.

Shanks chuckled and wrapped his arm around you.

"He's quite the charmer. I'm astounded to know someone actually wants to be with him."

"Yeah...he is the charmer." You said with a small smile.

As soon as the date was over, Shanks drove you to Kid's workshop. Of course he asked for a kiss before you left, only receiving a kiss on his cheek. You were leaving the man starving at that point.

He watched you intently as you got out of the car and walked into the lobby. The sound of his tires screeching and him driving off filled your ears, a weight being lifted off your shoulders. You entered into the garage, the crew waiting for you.

The redhead himself was waiting at the doorway, wrapping his arm around your waist with an angered glare.

"So. Care to tell me why you were on a date with Shanks?"

"...I made a deal with Shanks...he spared your life and I went on a date with him. It wasn't necessarily a fair deal..your life is a higher price than a date with me but if that's what it required to keep you safe then...oh well." You explained.

He stared at the shine in your eyes. His scowl leaving his face as he looked away.

"Yeah well I lost my damn arm..."

"You're good with mechanical stuff aren't you? Just make yourself an arm." You suggested.

His eyes peaked up at your words as he grinned.

"Yeah. I will. Killer, Heat, Wire! Go get me parts so I can get building." He commanded.

The men exited the garage, leaving you two alone. You stared at his softened expression as he looked down at you. He smiled at you happily. It wasn't his regular mischievous grin, he truly looked happy with you.

"You've got some good ideas sweetcheeks. You might have to just join my crew now." He chuckled.

Your eyes widened as you looked nervously at the ground. You weren't sure about joining his crew, were you even fit for a job like that?

"I'm not sure Kid. I'm not good at building or anything like that. I'm good at games and gambling." You muttered.

He lifted your chin with his rough hand and leaned down close to your face.

"Then you'll be the one who bets and wins us more things to sell, build, and take apart."

A/N: Apologies for shorter chapter but there's going to be some filler chapters before a BIG scene. I had an idea to kind of go more with the show, so I was thinking of possibly writing Ace's and Whitebeard's death? What do you guys think?