37. Great War 3

"(Y/N)! Wait for me, I'm coming. We're all here to save you!" Luffy yelled as a bunch of people stood behind him, the only one recognizable being Crocodile.

Sengoku growled and turned to Garp.

"Garp it's your damn family again!" He yelled as Garp grabbed his head and yelled out Luffys name. Everyone was surprised to see Luffy, especially to see him working with Crocodile, someone he put in jail.

He argued with Whitebeard for a minute before it was revealed the people he was with were some from Impel Down and the Revolutionary Army. Luffy was busy defending himself from Hina's cage and avoiding bullets being shot at him.

You looked at Luffy, worry in your eyes.

"Keep away Luffy! This is my failure, I don't want you hurt!" You yelled. You knew everyone could handle themselves but Luffy wasn't the smartest one. He would get hurt one way or another.

"I'm your brother!" He yelled, running straight for the execution platform where you sat. He put his thumb to his mouth, blowing air into his fist and jumping above the crowd— bringing his large fist down onto the marines. Marco was commanded to not let him die.

You sat there, chained up as your gritted your teeth. He never listened to you. You looked at your father who had a large grin.

"Old man!" You yelled.

Canon balls were shot at him yet he turned them to dust with a slash of his weapon. Your father began to talk with Buggy, a gang leader who feared Whitebeard but was after his head.

Ivankov, a man part of the Revolutionary was busy fighting with Kuma. Everyone was fighting and dying. All because of you. A sigh escaped your lips as you put your head down. You couldn't bare to look at it.

Luffy was lucky enough to escape Mihawk's slashes with his blade by using Buggy to get slashed up; however it didn't affect him because of his devilfruit— the chop chop fruit.

Luffy took off running towards you only for Mihawk to send a slash to his way; sending the rubber boy tumbling. He went to pierce him with his sword only to be stopped by a man similar to Mihawk. Luffy kept running towards you as a robot known as Pacifista was let into the battle.

You let out a scream as your eyes stumbled upon your father with a blade in his chest. Marco darted towards the man who stabbed him— the man known as Squadro. Marco slammed his face into the ground, yelling at him as your father took the blade out from his chest like it was nothing.

Your father looked down at the man who was yelling at him for not telling anyone about you up until recently. Marco harshly grabbed his shirt, pulling Squadro close to him.

"You idiot!"

"It is true, she is my daughter, she may be cursed, and Ace is Gold Rogers son...so they found the man who would be the most hurt by it and turned him against us. You foolish son!" Whitebeard yelled, pulling Squadro in for a hug.

"Though you're a fool, I still love you, my son. Who has dragged your pure, loyal heart into such darkness? It is wrong to resent a child for the sins of their father. What did Ace ever do to you? You are all my family." He said kindly.

Whitebeard let go of Squadro and just like before, he clutched his fists, shattering the remaining frozen waves into nothing.

Soon, Akainu released his magma up into the clouds where they disappeared, only to fall back down an melt the ice Aokiji made.

"Whitebeard...your era is at an end!" Akainu yelled to the man.

Luffy was trailing through the magma that destroyed the ground, the fumes making him light headed as he kept pressing on forward, destined to get to you. He made it out of the fire, his face angry.

"Give back (Y/N)!" He yelled as he began to attack all the marines surrounding him. Kizaru looked at him with an intrigued face as if Luffy was some unique specimen he had never seen before.

The executioners drew their swords above their heads, ready to bring the blades down upon your neck. Luffy called out your name as well as Whitebeard before a gust of sand blew the executioners back, stopping you from getting beheaded.

Luffy kept running towards you, only to be stopped by Aokiji piercing his arm with an icicle. Marco joined in on the fight, taking on Aokiji. Your father stomped his foot on the ground, raising his weapon above his head.

"Men! Rescue (Y/N) and destroy the Navy!" He commanded. They all chanted and headed towards the plaza, towards the execution platform.

Sengoku furrowed his brows at the sight.

"Seems like we have to take a hand in this!" He said.

Aokiji attempted to freeze your father, only for him to break out of it. Whitebeard pierced Aokiji with his weapon as Jozu ran at the icy marine, kicking him to the side.

Whitebeard left Jozu's side, walking towards the platform, a look of determination on his face. The marines were lucky enough to get Luffy down on his knees. Kizaru approached the young man, looking down at him.

"Now will you please just disappear?" Kizaru said, light forming and getting ready to hurt Luffy. The light sent a blast at him, sending him flying back into Whitebeard who held him against his chest. He threw Luffy to some of his crew and kept walking.

He engaged in battle with Akainu as you sat there. When would it all be over? You sighed, throwing your head back as you squinted at the dark sky.

"Let me go old man!" You yelled as he threw you over his shoulder, making you drop your knife. You refused to let him call you (Y/N) or Hyde. He was to address you as Jekyll until told otherwise. Surprisingly, such a man put up with your attitude.

"Why? Cant a father spend time with his daughter?' He said as he grabbed you from his shoulder, holding you in his hands as he spun you around, laughter erupting from you.

"No! I can't do it!" You yelled. It was your first date with Niji. Thatch helped you get ready and now your father was encouraging you. He saw your panicked state, at any moment you would break down.

He wrapped his arms around you, hugging you tightly. He calmly stroked your hair as you hugged him back, sniffling softly. You began to relax into his embrace.
"It's okay lass...I'm here."

He saw your tears each time. Happy, sad, mad. He loved you through of all of it. One day you came back home, sobbing. He immediately was ready to smack some common sense into Niji before you showed him your hand. A beautiful Diamond ring on your finger.

He began to cry with you; hugging you tightly as he expressed how happy he was for you. Niji proposed and you were more than thrilled. You loved him with everything you had. That whole day you spent with your father, talking happily about your fiancé.

You noticed tears falling down your cheeks as you recalled all the moments. You looked to your sides, Garp and Sengoku nowhere to be seen. Instead, you saw Kid. His arm was repaired and he held a fruit in his hand.

He crouched down in front of you, his human hand cupping your face.

"Sorry I took so long sweetcheeks. We'll make Akainu pay. It's going to be okay. I need you to eat this." He said gently, gesturing the fruit towards you.

You began to eat it as instructed before Luffy lunged himself up to the platform, a key in hand. He went to unchain you, only for the key to be broke in half. A golden man approached you both.

"Sengoku!" Ace yelled from the ground.

"Now, as brother, sister, and lover, I will execute you three!" He yelled, raising his fist. Wax covered you all as he brought his fist down, shattering the platform.

The last thing you saw was Kid reaching out to you, pulling you into his arms as you both fell.