21. By His Lonesome

You hadn't spoken to Kid or anyone from his crew besides Killer. You were currently sitting on his couch with your kitten in your lap. You named the kitten 'San' after Sanji.

Killer was in the other room, on the phone with three people. He was on a FaceTime audio call and from what you could tell, it seemed very important. You could hear them all yelling about something. You paid no mind to it, however you were curious.

Your eyes darted to the kitchen. If only you could hear everything clearly. Killer walked out, his phone in hand as you could see his face seemed to be upset behind his bangs.

He put on his mask, that usually meant there were problems.

"Bonney left. She took his expensive shit and left him a note. She mentioned you in the note." He said. He looked as if you broke his trust.

"...what?"

You were riding with Killer in his truck. He didn't speak to you, he seemed more betrayed than Kid. You looked out the window of the front seat and sighed.

"Killer for the hundredth time...Bonney didn't tell me anything about her stealing."

"But she still talked to you and you hid that."

"Yeah so I'm just meant to tell you she had no interest in him and she was saying I wanted his love? Like you'd believe it." You said with a scoff.

"What." He said, gritting his teeth behind the mask.

You tensed up as he pulled the car into a gas station. He stopped the vehicle and looked at you.

"What did she say." He said, grabbing onto your arms tightly.

"Don't touch me."

"I need an answer from you (Y/N)." Killer said gruffly.

"She told me I was the icing covering his body and that he wanted to control me while I wanted his love." You confessed.

Killer let out a sigh.

"She was mocking you. She was saying you were what was holding him back. She knew you wanted his love, and he knows it too. The reason he doesn't have complete control is because a part of you hates him." Killer said.

You looked down. Maybe Killer was right. You loved Kid at some point but recently, you've just wanted to kick his ass. Killer clicked his tongue as he pulled out of the gas station, beginning to drive down to the auto repair shop.

"Damn Bonney. Always said I didn't like her..." Killer muttered under his breath. You stared out the window without an emotion in sight. You didn't look distraught, confused, upset, or anything. You just looked dull and emotionless.

You pulled into the auto repair shop's parking lot and got out. Killer remained in the truck and gave you a thumbs up. You took a deep breath and walked into the main lobby, trailing into the garage area. A piece of metal was thrown towards you, barely missing by an inch.

Your eyes widened as you saw Kid with metal surrounding him. The piece that was thrown at you was attracted to the rest like a magnetic and flew back to him easily.

"What the hell are you doing here traitor." He said. You could see both heartbreak and anger in his eyes.

"I wanna know what happened." You said. He threw the crumpled up paper at you harshly. He wasn't taking this thing well.

You unrolled the paper and began to read over the note.

'Dearest Kid,
I'm signing off as your girlfriend. It was fun and all but now it's boring to have you to myself. You have (Y/N) after all. She's like vines wrapped around your neck. Besides, she'll know about this soon enough. Thanks for the gold too!
- Bonney <3'

Oh she was one cocky bitch about it. You sighed and rolled the paper back into a ball and approached him. You dropped the paper to the ground and cupped his face.

"Look. I don't know how much good it'll do but she didn't tell me anything about this. She never liked me and made a fool out of me. She was mocking me when she talked to me one-on-one, Kid." You said softly.

He shoved you back and got up from the stool he sat on. He towered over you and with all the metal floating behind him, he was terrifying.

"Like hell I'd believe you." He said. He smacked his arm against a car, leaving a dent in it as he glared at you.

"Im not gonna beg you to believe me. You saw how she treated me. Im being honest and if you don't believe me oh well." You'd said blankly.

He gritted his teeth at you, sending a piece of metal flying towards the closed garage door.

"Don't give me that tone. I outta throw your ass out for when you yelled at me a week ago." He said harshly.

You kept your straight face.

"Get over your damn breakup. There's other people."

"You don't know much about getting over someone. You knew I was with Bonney yet you still chased after me." He spat.

"I can't change my feelings. Besides, I'm getting over you anyways." You said back, furrowing your brows.

You saw his face drop.

"Excuse me?"