8. Fantasizing Heartbreak

You spent that night thinking about the encounter with him. It was so nerve wracking. You couldn't move in that moment. Your feet were glued to the floor.

Everyone in that moment was practically frozen and your eyes were fixated on him. The way he approached you both. The gentle touch he had. The look in his eyes.

You were still awake at midnight, your head running with thoughts of him. Every encounter you've had. The time he showed his own concern for you.

The way he tried to comfort you, the way he grinned when he saw you at the casino. The auto repair shop. You had always seen him as a douchey guy who was a total asshat, but now you couldn't see him that way.

Seeing him made your heart race, him being close you made your heart practically light on fire. He was all that went through your mind and it made everything so difficult. You didn't know how you felt.

You'd always reject the idea of liking him or having romantic feelings, but now you were contemplating it. You let out an aggravated groan and turned to face your window. You stared at the pool where Kid would normally sit until your eyes grew heavy.

You had waken up around 12 in the afternoon. Robin wanted to head to the club around 5. She planned on visiting you with Nami at 12. Your eyes widened as you realized that.

There was a knock at your front door before you knew it. You quickly scrambled out of bed and ran downstairs, answering the door.

"Oh— (Y/N), did you just roll out of bed?!" Nami said, shoving her way in with Robin behind her. Robin shut the door as Nami was the one who bought you the house as a way of an apology. You two hadn't spoken until recently.

Robin looked around as she trailed upstairs into your room with Nami.

You were sitting on your bed as Nami and Robin set their bags down. Nami began to rapidly search through your closet for something nice.

"Nami, what's all this for?"

"We have to plan your outfit in advance!" Nami said.

Robin sat down next to you as she searched through Nami's bag. She pulled out a sky blue satin dress with gold jewelry. The dress was short, had a slit and had little white flowers spread around. The back was simple and similar to the front which was a basic top that showed the right amount of cleavage.

"Here is Nami's outfit for the club tonight. It's very simplistic and beautiful, as well as classy. It's very fitting and enough to attract a good eye." Robin praised, tucking the dress neatly back in the bag with its jewelry.

"What does yours look like Robin?" You asked. She grabbed her bag and looked through, picking out a dark purple, almost black looking dress.

It was leather and was short just like Nami's. It had black lacing at the bottom and a zipper that opened and closed the dress. It looked like a mix between a suit and jacket but was incredibly elegant and looked top-tier.

Robin planned on pairing it with a matching bralette as well as obsidian jewelry. It was nothing you could compare too.

"You guys all have such beautiful outfits...I don't have anything worthy of clubbing and the one fancy thing I do have is for the party..." You said with a sad huff.

"Nonsense (Y/N), it doesn't have to be a dress. It just has to fit Nami's criteria of 'clubbing material'. You've got plenty, I'm sure." Robin said as she rubbed your shoulder.

Nami picked out a mesh black top with a red bralette and a low rise skirt that hugged your figure beautifully and flowed out nicely at the bottom. She then took out a black belt and a black fur coat.

Your eyes were wide at the outfit choice as she took out some gold jewelry and nodded.

"Alright! This perfect! I think itd go well with some boots!" Nami said as she continued to destroy your closet.

God this was gonna be a good while.

The time had rolled around and now you were wearing the outfit Nami picked out. You felt beautiful but it was very revealing. You pretty much were gonna cover yourself with the jacket. You paired the outfit with combat boots as Nami was wearing white heels and Robin had on thigh high black heels.

You were in the car with the two girls, Robin driving as Nami was picking music. She was blasting some song that was very catchy but you couldn't focus on it. You were spacing out, your mind trailing back to Kid.

Before you knew it, you guys had approached the club and they were forcing you out the car and inside. Nami stormed off to the dance floor as Robin stood by your side. You anxiously grabbed her hair, causing the tall woman to look down at you.

"Anxious?"

"Yeah...don't do well with things like this. I can handle crowds but I don't like being sandwiched between people." You said.

Robin chuckled.

"I'm the same. How about we relax at the bar and when you're ready, we can do what you want?" Robin asked. You nodded and she took you over to the bar where you sat down on one of the cushioned stools.

Robin ordered you both a glass of champagne as she scanned over the dance floor.

"Hm? He looks familiar..." Robin muttered. The bartender placed the drinks in front of you both once they were finished. You picked up the glass and turned to face where Robin was looking.

You took a sip before your heart sank. Of all places, he had to be here.

It was none other than Kid himself but he wasn't just accompanied by his gang. There was a woman practically sitting on his lap. They were relaxing at a booth with food and alcohol with her trailing her finger against Kid's dress shirt.

She was beautiful. Long pink hair that was up in a ponytail, as well as a piercing on her cheek. She batted her lashes at him and laughed when he spoke to her. She wore a glittery dress that was a nice mint shade.

She seemed so at ease when she spoke to him but agitated when anyone else tried to talk to her. Kid smirked at the woman and kissed her passionately before pulling back.

Your eyes were fixated on the two, your heart practically shattering into a bunch of pieces. Kid looked up and made eye contact with you. His cool and snarky demeanor disappearing. He seemed surprised.

You turned away and furrowed your brows. Robin patted your shoulder and got up, excusing herself to the restroom. Soon, her seat was taken by someone with a gruff voice.

"I'll be damned. You just keep popping up everywhere."

You refused to look at the man, your head down as you stared at the barely drank glass.

"Don't ignore me. Why'd you have the long face?" He questioned. You could feel his smirk as he wrapped an arm around your waist.

You felt your lip tremble.

"I didn't know you had a girlfriend..." You said, practically whispering it. He burst into laughter before grabbing your chin and forcing you to look at him.

"What? Did you think you'd have a chance?"

"I...—"

"I'm happy with my woman sweetcheeks. I wouldn't date someone such as you."

"You're such an asshole..." You muttered, your eyes tearing up as he pulled you close, his cocky grin growing bigger as he licked his lips.

"Yeah? You're the idiot who thought you'd have a shot with me." Was all he said before he placed a kiss on your lips.

He harshly let go of your face, leaving you alone at the bar. You watched him walk away, tears beginning to fall.

'I never had a chance...'