Attention

The sound of the alarm wakes me from my sleep so with a groan I reach over for my phone to turn it off

The sound of the alarm wakes me from my sleep so with a groan I reach over for my phone to turn it off. Groggily, I open my eyes and turn around to face Ace, seeing that he's still asleep with his arms wrapped firmly around my waist.

"Ace." I say, nudging him to wake him up before I go to work.

He frowns and pulls me closer to him, burying his face into my neck. "River." He mumbles, slipping his hands inside of my shirt and running them up my bare back.

"I gotta go." I rub my eyes and yawn.

"No." He grumbles, holding me tighter. "Stay."

"I can't," I smile and tap his arms. "Now let me go."

He shakes his head and I sigh, trailing my fingers through his curls. I look down at him and see that he fell back asleep so I carefully move out of his arms.

Quietly, I walk into the bathroom and shut the door behind me before turning the shower on. I take a quick shower, brush my teeth and get dressed.

After putting some makeup on, I grab my keys and phone from the bedside table then peck Ace's cheek before leaving.

"Mamà?" I hear my four year old sons sleepy voice from behind me and turning around I see him standing in the doorway of his room, rubbing his eyes.

"Hey, baby." I say softly, crouching down and opening my arms for him. "What's wrong?"

"Where are you going?" He pouts, walking into my arms and laying his head on my shoulder.

"To work." I reply, standing up and lifting him with me.

"Can I come?" He mumbles, wrapping his tiny arms around my neck.

"No, sweetheart. I'm sorry." I reply, brushing hair away from his forehead as I walk down the stairs. "But you can ask Papà to come visit me today."

"Okay." He beams, lifting his head up and leaning his temple against mine.

"You hungry? Should I make you breakfast before I go?" I ask, gently rubbing his arm and walking into the kitchen.

"No, I'm tired." He lets out a small yawn. I mean it is 7 am and he usually gets up at 10.

"You wanna lay with Papà then?" I ask, balancing him on my hip and turning the coffee machine on.

"." He replies, laying his head on my shoulder and rubbing his eyes.

When the machine's done, I pour the coffee into my mug and put some milk in along with sugar. I stir it and glance down at Matteo to see that he fell asleep as expected.

Placing a hand on the back of his head, I adjust him in my hold and carry him back upstairs. Walking back into mine and Ace's room, I carefully lay Matteo down next to his father, who is asleep on his stomach.