Panic

I'm getting my two year old daughter ready for the day while Matteo drops the boys off at school

I'm getting my two year old daughter ready for the day while Matteo drops the boys off at school. Liliana starts daycare a little later because she's only in there for about three hours before either me or Matteo pick her up. That's why I'm only at work for half of the day but this routine works because we always take it in turns. We had a little bit of a lie in thanks to my husband since he got the triplets ready for school.

Liliana is watching a show on my phone while I do her hair in the bathroom. I did her hair up into two pigtails and she has got these cute fucking bows on too. She looks adorable.

"There you go sweetheart." I say, kissing the top of her head and setting her back down on to the floor.

"Thank you Mama." She says ever so sweetly as she stares up at me with her doe eyes.

"You're welcome baby."

She grins and runs off into the bedroom. Once I've cleaned up in the bathroom, I walk out and see her sitting down in the middle of the bed watching her show. I pick her up and start heading downstairs to get us some breakfast.

"Phone please." I say, sitting her down in her high chair.

She hands me back my phone and in return I give her a toy to play with so she's occupied while I get her some food. I'm not really in the mood to cook so I just get her a bowl of cereal and start feeding it to her.

Just as I feed her the last bite, the front door opens and closes which can only mean Matteo is back. A few moments later, he walks into the kitchen and grins when he sees us.

"Papa!" Liliana screeches with excitement and shoots her arms up, waiting for her Dad to pick her up.

"Oh my little princess," He says softly, picking her up from the high chair. "Hi."

"Hi." She beams up at him and I can practically see him melting inside through his eyes.

"Did Mamà do your hair?" He asks, gently running a hand down one of her pigtails. "You're so pretty baby girl."

"Yeah!"

Smiling, he kisses her cheek and adjusts her in his arms as he directs his focus on me. "Good morning, love." He says softly, leaning down and pecking my lips.

"Morning." I reply, gazing up at him with a smile.

"Did you just wake up?" He asks, walking over to the coffee machine with Liliana in his arms and switching it on.

"Yeah," I nod my head and stand up from my seat. "Was everything okay with the boys this morning?"

"Chaotic as always," He says with a light chuckle as he gets a mug out from the cabinet. "I didn't even get the chance to drink my coffee."

"You going to work now then?" I ask, collecting the dishes from earlier and putting them in the sink.

"Yeah I just came back because I forgot to get my gear." He replies, pouring his coffee into his mug as Liliana leans her head against his shoulder and watches him intently.