Hall Pass

Tonight Ace and I have an after party to go to after my fashion show

Tonight Ace and I have an after party to go to after my fashion show. Normally I would go to these things alone with Alea but I managed to convince him to come with me. He didn't need much convincing anyways. The word 'please' was enough.

"Ace?" I call out as soon as reach the bottom of the stairs.

"In here!" He calls back from the dining room.

I walk in to see him sitting with our fourteen year old son at the table. He's watching Matteo work on something but I have no idea what it is. My son looks really focused though.

"Done, Dad." He says, putting the screwdriver down.

"He fuckin' made this from scratch." Ace says in disbelief, carefully lifting up what appears to be a motherboard Matteo made.

"Really?" I ask with raised brows as I approach the table.

"Yeah," He grins and clasps the back of Matteo's neck gently. "Our boy made this."

That's impressive. Especially at his age but it's not a surprise. He has always been into making things ever since he was little. Whether it was legos or helping his father fix his cars or anything around the house. He loves it.

"Good job, baby." I say softly, pecking his forehead.

"Thanks, Ma." He replied with a smile.

"We need to get going, love." I say to Ace, picking up my car keys from the table.

He stands up and grabs his suit jacket from the back of his chair. "Test it out, kid."

"Yeah, I will," He replies, "I was gonna put it in my computer."

"You did a good job, smart ass." He says, ruffling our son's hair and in response Matteo grins up at him.

"Reyna, we're leaving!" I call up the stairs.

Within a few seconds, she's running down the stairs and embracing me in a big hug. "Bye Mamà." She says. 

"Bye sweetheart." I peck the top of her head and comb a hand through her hair.

"Bye Papà." Reyna suddenly engulfs him in a hug too as he's putting on his jacket.

He grunts in surprise. "Bye baby." He replies, hugging her back just as tight.

xXx

We made it to the venue. I went and greeted everyone as soon as I got here. Right now, Ace and I are having drinks at our booth. I can't drink too much because I'm our designated driver.

"You look beautiful." My husband murmurs into my ear, draping an arm over my shoulders. "Prettiest woman to walk this earth."

"Thank you, mi amor." I mutter. "You look so handsome."