Disrespect

I've had a shitty week

I've had a shitty week. Everyday got worse and worse. It started with me losing a game. Not a big deal. Then, I failed a test, had a business engagement fail because my concentration just wasn't there and my car broke down when I was on my way home. I explained that to Mom and Dad so they let me off the hook for missing curfew.

To top this shitty week off, I unintentionally snapped at Audrey earlier today because we got the time mixed up for our date. I picked her up an hour late and she got upset with me, which is understandable. It was an entire miscommunication but she's not talking to me right now because I was being a dickhead to her. I didn't mean to snap at her and I hate myself for the way I talked to my girl.

Usually, I would make it up to her on the spot but I need space to pull myself together so I left her. I fucking left her to be upset and I feel so shitty right now.

I kept telling myself everyday that I'm fine but I'm not. This week has been hard and I need a break. My anxiety has been a pain in the ass too because this isn't my usual routine. Everything has gone to shit. Dammit.

"Matteo, can you take this box upstairs please?" My Mom asks as soon as I get home from Audrey's, pointing at a box that's at the bottom of the stairs. Mom's redoing her office with new furniture and whatever.

I want to be left alone for fuck sakes. Normally, I would do whatever she asked with no problems but I'm tired and I already feel like shit from my argument with Audrey earlier.

"Do it yourself." I grumble, walking past her but I don't miss the way her eyes narrow at my sudden disrespect.

"Excuse me?" She says, taken aback.

"I said," I whip my head around and shoot her a glare. "Do it yourself. I'm tired of doing everything for you."

"And I don't do anything for you?" She scoffs, crossing her arms over her chest. She does a lot for me, I know that. I should just walk away but I have all this anger inside me that I need to get out.

"I don't give a shit about what you do for me," I scowl. "I'm tired. Why can't you just leave me the fuck alone?"

I hear footsteps coming from the stairs behind me and then my Dad comes into view as he stands beside my Mom.

"I don't appreciate this disrespectful behaviour, Matteo," Mom says calmly although her eyes tell a different story. "Check yourself."

"Then fuck off." I snap, already regretting those words as soon as they leave my mouth.

Judging by the way my father's face darkens drastically, I know I fucked up. I shouldn't have said that. I would never disrespect my Mom the way I just did. I have nothing but respect and love for her. I'm such an idiot.

"The fucks wrong with you?" Dad steps in between us and I swallow at the dark look he pins me with. The man is ruthless when he's angry.

I don't respond to him but keep my gaze fixated on the floor, ashamed. He scoffs at my silence.