Time Out

River's going on a business trip again so I'm left with the twins, who are six

"Okay. I'm done." River says, rolling her big ass suit case towards our bedroom door.

I get out of bed and walk over to where her suitcase is. I carry them for her out the door and towards the stairs. Half way down the stairs, I hear tiny footsteps running towards where we are.

"Mamà. Papà. Where are you going?" Reyna asks, stopping at the top of the stairs.

"Mamà is going on a trip." River replies, brushing Reyna's hair back.

"When are you coming back?" She frowns, looking up at her.

River cups her chin and bends down to peck her forehead. "In a few days."

"Okay." She smiles and then turns her attention towards me. "Can I help you, Papà?"

"Yeah baby, come here." I say, scooping her up. She wraps her tiny arms around my neck as I use my free hand to carry the suitcase down the stairs.

Reaching the bottom of the stairs, I open the front door and take her suitcase out to her car. Opening the trunk, I place the suitcase inside and shut it afterwards.

Walking back inside, I see River now holding Matteo in her arms with his head on her shoulder.

"You ready to go?" I ask her.

She nods her head in response, placing a hand on the back of Matteo's head and running her fingers through his hair. "Alright baby. I gotta go now." She says to him.

He lifts his head up and kisses her cheek with a frown. "Okay. Bye Mamà."

"Bye sweetheart." She says, kissing his temple before putting him down.

"Say bye to Mamà." I say to Reyna and then put her down so she runs over to her.

They say their goodbyes and when River walks over to me, I pull her in. Wrapping my arms around her waist, I lean my forehead against hers and peck her lips.

"Call me when you land." I say to her.

She wraps her arms around my neck and smiles against my lips. The best thing ever. "Okay. See you."

Kissing her one more time, I walk her to the door and after seeing her off I turn my focus back to the twins.

"Alright," I say, crouching down to their level. "What do you guys wanna do?"

"Eat. I'm hungry. I want nuggets." Matteo says all in one breath.

"Okay," I chuckle, ruffling his hair. "How about we have nuggets for dinner? What do you want for breakfast?"

"Waffles." He replies.

"Princess, you want waffles too?" I ask Reyna.

"Yeah." She grins and extends her arms out towards me so I pick her up.