Comfort

Mom and Dad invited us over for dinner later tonight since we're in town for the weekend

Mom and Dad invited us over for dinner later tonight since we're in town for the weekend. I had an interview to take care of first before picking my wife and kids up and heading over there. I'm looking into buying another house down here for whenever we stay over for the kids to have when they're older.

The interview is kind of like a get to know the player type of thing which is why everyone's doing it individually. It's airing on TV tomorrow. Sometimes the questions they ask come from people who actually watch our games and it's kinda interesting to know what everyone is curious about.

I try and make a lot of public appearances to keep up with my image and reputation but I keep my kids out of the spotlight for their privacy.

Audrey, however, she sometimes attends press conferences and interviews with me. Plus, she's always at my games and I couldn't be more grateful for her. She's my lucky charm.

After the interview, I picked Audrey and the kids up from our house and started our four hour car ride down to my Brooklyn. Sometimes I wonder whether or not it was a good idea that we moved far away from home to Boston but then I realised that it was the best decision we made. Although my family is in Brooklyn, I have a whole life and career in Boston.

"How'd the interview go?" Audrey asks as soon as she gets into the car.

"Good." I reply, placing my hand on her thigh and swerving out of the gates.

"Can't wait to see it on TV." She grins and I smile, shaking my head.

"Papà's gonna be on TV?" My seven year old son Lourenço asks from behind us.

"Yeah tomorrow kid." I reply, glancing at him through the rearview mirror.

"That's cool." Mattias pipes up.

"Did you tell them about me?" Nico asks from beside Liliana as she's sat between him and Lourenço.

"Yes I told them about you." I sigh exaggeratedly and roll my eyes.

"Enço." Liliana, who is four, whines when he stops feeding her the gummies he was giving her.

"Sorry Ana." He mutters, giving her another one and pecking her cheek.

"Not too much candy. You still have dinner to eat." Audrey says to them.

"Okay." He replies.

xXx

We made it to Brooklyn not too long ago. Dad made steak for us so we're eating that right now in the dining room while everyone converses. Reyna couldn't make it today but said she'll be here tomorrow.

I glance over at Liliana to see her big doe eyes staring at the plate of food in front of her. Her chest is rising and falling unusually fast. A terrified expression masks her features and then her tiny hands start shaking.