Chapter 36

The next day, Jin woke up a little later than usual because he's been catching up on the sleep his body lost over the last week. After spending a whole day with Namjoon, the healer felt better and lighter so he was able to sleep without a worry. Slowly, he sat up in his bed and stretched his arms out, and just then he heard a knock followed by a very familiar voice, 'Jinnie? Are you awake?' and Jin smiled brightly, 'Yes Joonie, please come in,' and the prince entered the room with a bed tray in his hands and on it was a plate with four slices of toast, two sunny side up eggs and a few strips of bacon, then there was a bowl with chopped strawberries and kiwis and a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice. Jin widened his eyes at the scene, 'Joon did you make all this?' he queried and the prince shyly nodded (yes in this story Namjoon can cook) as he walked towards the bed and placed the tray on it, 'Good morning Angel, have a good breakfast,' Namjoon said with a smile that showed off his deep dimples. He was about to leave the room when Jin held onto his hand, 'You'll leave me alone? You won't eat with me?' 'You want me to eat with you?' and Jin nodded vigorously with a little pout, melting his husband's heart, 'Okay angel I'll eat with you,' and the prince sat next to his husband making the latter happy.

After the hearty breakfast, Namjoon went back to his room to freshen up. They didn't sleep together yet as Namjoon knew Jin still wanted space so he respected that. Jin too freshened up for the day. After they were both ready for the day, they took a stroll in the garden, enjoying the fresh air and fragrant scents of the blooming flowers. Then, for the whole day, the couple spent their time in the Jung's huge library- reading and researching about different herbs and plants. The prince knew that his husband loved researching on new plants so he didn't mind one bit spending the whole day in the library, although they did enjoy their lunch in the garden, under the shade of the beautiful sakura trees. And the day ended with them having a beautiful candle-lit dinner, with all of Jin's favourite dishes, arranged by Namjoon on his husband's balcony. That night, Jin went to sleep with the biggest smile on his face.

The following day, the couple had their breakfast in the dining room alongwith Sehun and Joo-hyun. 'So what are you planning to do today?' Joo-hyun asked the couple with a soft smile, 'Oh Joonie and I are going to collect some wild herbs to make some tonics. We did some research yesterday and we found out new techniques to make tonics and ointments for different illnesses and wounds,' Jin answered his mother with a smile. Sehun was still angry at Namjoon, but he could see the efforts the man is putting in gaining back Seokjin's love and trust, and for that the commander appreciated the Prince. His son's happy face and his bright eyes also tell him that the prince is doing his best. So after breakfast, Namjoon and Jin headed to the forests in the Jung Estate to search for some herbs. They had also packed their lunches in a picnic basket along with different snacks if they lose track of time and get hungry. And like that, evening came and the couple had got about thirteen varieties of wild herbs. They decided to head back to the manor and Namjoon carried Jin on his back because the latter was too tired from all the search they did and he eventually fell asleep on his husband's back.

The next day came and Jin was still tired from the previous day's activity. Namjoon, who had already known that his husband would be exhausted had already planned a relaxing day. 'Good afternoon angel,' the prince greeted his tired husband who had just woken up about ten minutes ago, slowly walking into the living room. 'Good afternoon Joonie,' Jin greeted back as he made his way to the sofa where his husband was and immediately plopped down next to him, laying his head on his shoulder. 'I'm sorry I woke up late,' 'No angel, I'm happy you slept well. I actually didn't plan a lot for this day because I knew you'd be tired. How about after lunch, I'll read you a book or two?' 'That's wonderful Joonie! I love when you read to me,' Jin said as he nuzzled deeper into his husband's shoulder. And that day, after their lunch, Jin told Namjoon he wanted to lay in bed while he listened to him read. By the time Namjoon was halfway through a short novel, Seokjin had already fallen asleep- clinging to his husband's torso while he rested his head on his chest.