Chapter 23

The day of the Ball

The Jung Household has been very busy- maids and butlers running up and down checking the decorations of the place and cleaning it once more, chefs were busy cooking a variety of excellent dishes, the entertainers were going over their performances, Jin and his mother were helping Jackson calm down while Namjoon helped Hoseok. It was an hour more until the official start of the ball and in half an hour guests would start arriving. The ballroom was extravagantly decorated by the young maids under the supervision of Yuna, the garden keeper, with a little help from Jin. Fresh flowers- a combination of red roses, pink hydrangeas and magnolias- just as Jin had chosen, were used in adorning the ballroom and the entire ground floor of the manor. Beautiful gold silk curtains tied with lace ribbons gave the place a warm look and the new chandelier gave the place a great pop.

It was an hour until the guests start arriving. Jackson was already dressed in his beautiful outfit, his hair beautifully done by Jin- a side part with the left side slicked back; he looked handsome and beautiful at the same time. 'Are you nervous?' Jin asked softly as he gave final touches to his soon to be brother-in-law's hair, 'Not particularly, I'm just very excited. I love Seokie so much and I know he feels the same so I can't wait to complete the engagement ceremony,' Jackson said with a huge smile on his face that warmed Jin's heart. 'I'm really happy for you hyung, I'm glad Hoseok hyung chose you. I wish you the very best,' 'Thank you Jin-ah,' 'Mm well since you're now ready, it's my turn to go and get dressed. I'm probably the only one in this house who's not properly dressed yet,' Jin chuckled while giving Jackson a quick hug, 'Thank you once again Jin-ah, you helped me so much,' 'It's my pleasure hyung, I'll see you soon,' and Jin exited the room quickly.

Jin entered his room in a haste not paying attention to his surroundings but once he did, his face turned as red as a tomato. Why you ask? Well he literally walked in on his husband who was getting dressed- Namjoon only had trousers on at the moment, his upper body exposed while water was dripping from his hair- he'd just finished taking a bath most probably. Jin immediately covered his eyes with his hands, 'Oh my Lord, I'm so sorry Joonie. I'll just leave,' he quickly said and turned around to leave the room but Namjoon stopped him, 'Sweetheart, don't leave. You can open your eyes, I've got a shirt on and even if I didn't it doesn't matter love. I'm your husband, we'll eventually see everything sooner or later,' the prince said in a teasing tone making Jin's face turn more red, 'Joonie stop teasing me,' he said as he turned back to his husband and looked at him, 'But it's true my love,' 'I know but you don't have to say it out loud!' Jin said almost whining as his husband approached him and pulled him into a hug, 'Are you shy my darling angel?' 'Yes!' Jin mumbled into his husband's chest making the latter chuckle, 'You need to get dressed now Jinnie honey, or else you're gonna be late,' Namjoon said and placed a soft kiss on Jin's head, 'It's a good thing I had already taken a bath before helping Jackson hyung. Now all I need to do is change my clothes.'

After a few seconds Jin pulled back from the hug and smiled at his husband, 'I'll change in the bathroom Joonie, then I'll help you style your hair,' 'Okay honey,' and the healer quickly took out his outfit that he'd selected the previous night and went into the bathroom. Namjoon on the other hand continued to get dressed and in five minutes he was done so he went to the large window in the room and stared at the beautiful estate of his husband's family. The prince soon got lost in his thoughts as he gazed at the mesmerizing landscape. He thought about how cute his angel must have been when he was running around the place when he was younger or when he would take walks around the gardens to clear his mind from his studies or when he would study the different plants in the area to find out if they can be used for medicinal purposes. All these thoughts made the Prince's heart swell with love and he thinks to himself that he is the luckiest man in the universe to have such an amazing husband. Suddenly someone hugged him from the back tightly and nuzzled their face into his shoulder, 'What are you thinking about Joonie?' Jin asked softly since he saw his husband just staring outside, not even noticing that he had come out of the bathroom, 'Thinking about how lucky I am to have you love,' Namjoon said and he turned around to face his angel.

The moment he turned around and saw what Jin wore, Namjoon's eyes widened, 'You look ethereal sweetheart, so beautiful,' the prince said as he kissed Jin's forehead, 'Thank you Joonie, but I must say you look dashing yourself,' the healer said and placed a kiss to his husband's cheek. 'Now let's style your amazing hair my sweet hubby,' Jin said and Namjoon nodded in agreement. After fifteen minutes the couple were ready and so they quickly headed down to greet the guests who would be arriving soon.

When they reached the ballroom, Sehun and Joo-hyun were already there. Jin and Namjoon walked towards them and they bowed to the elders. 'You both look amazing my sons,' Joo-hyun said as she pulled Jin and then Namjoon, into a hug, Sehun doing the same, 'Thank you mama, you look lovely as well,' the prince said with a big smile. 'So only your mother looks good? What about your father in law huh?' Sehun asked playfully making Namjoon and Joo-hyun laugh heartily, 'You look handsome papa,' Jin said and pecked his father's cheek making his husband pout like a jealous child. The commander saw the prince's pout and took the opportunity to tease him, 'Looks like my son in law is jealous that my son pecked my cheeks,' he said in a sing-song tone, 'Yes, I'm jealous papa. Jinnie I want a kiss too,' Namjoon said with a pout making the elders smile brightly and Jin blush deeply but nevertheless he approached his pouting husband and pecked his lips softly making the latter smile. 'I love you,' the prince whispered as they pull away from each other, his husband smiling widely at him.

Just a second after Namjoon and Jin parted ways, a sweet but loud voice was heard, 'You two just keep on getting sweeter day by day,' 'Eomma!' Jin said loudly as he went to hug his mother in law who returned his hug warmly. 'I thought you said you couldn't come,' Jin said as he pulled away from Seungwan's arms and hugged his father in law, 'We wanted to surprise you son. Of course we'd come to such an important event, besides we're family,' Chanyeol said with a soft smile. The prince hugged his parents as well and the King and Queen were now enjoying their conversations with the commander in chief and his wife while the young couple watched their parents interacting with each other with a warm smile. Namjoon snaked his arm onto Jin's waist, pulling him closer and softly whispered, 'I'm glad we're a family sweetheart, I love you so much,' 'I'm so happy Joonie, so happy that I'm scared to even think of a life without you or our parents by my side. I'm scared that this will perish away. I love you too much to lose you my Prince,' 'Jin you don't ever have to fear about losing me sweetheart. I'll always be by your side, I promise,' and the couple shared another short kiss.

Before the other guests start arriving, Hoseok came into the ballroom looking dashingly handsome and confident. The outfit he wore complimented him so well and his face was radiating inner joy. Hoseok bowed to the King and Queen, then to his parents and after he did so he hugged his mother and father tightly, thanking them for helping with the preparation of the ball. He then hugged Jin tightly, tears almost escaping his eyes, 'Thank you Jin-ah, you have no idea how much you have been of help to me and Jackson. I love you okay,' 'I love you too hyung,' Jin said, his own tears threatening to fall. 'Congratulations Hoseok,' Namjoon said as he patted his shoulder and brought him into a quick hug, 'Thank you Namjoon, thank you so much,' 'So are you nervous?' the prince asked and Hoseok shook his head, 'Not at all, in fact I'm excited for this,' 'Oh my Lord hyung!' Jin exclaimed loudly,'Jackson hyung said the same thing when I asked if he was nervous! You really are meant to be together!'