Chapter 24

All the guests have finally arrived, all giving Hoseok their blessings. The atmosphere was warm, the guests were from all classes of society. There was no rich or poor, everyone who the Jung family felt close to were invited, even the maids' and butlers' families were invited and all those whose family members worked with the Jungs. The orchestra had also started playing, lifting everyone's spirits. As soon as the clock struck five, the orchestra started playing a beautiful piece that was soothing and romantic and the head butler, who now stood at the top of the staircase announced in a loud, clear voice, 'Jackson Wang, our master's fiance,' and everyone in the room turned towards the top of the staircase and saw the beautiful man stepping down elegantly- his left arm on the queen's right arm. The queen had decided to hand him over to Hoseok, since Jackson's parents had died four years ago in an accident.

Hoseok, who was standing at the bottom of the staircase looked directly into his lover's eyes, his eyes glossy with unshed tears. As Jackson and the queen finally reached the last step, she put Jackson's hand onto Hoseok's who immediately placed a kiss on top of his soft hand. 'You look beautiful honey,' Hoseok whispered into his fiance's ear, 'Thank you Seokie, you look so handsome,' the latter said with a faint blush in his face. The couple then proceeded to walk to the middle of the ballroom, where Sehun, Joo-hyun, Chanyeol and Seungwan stood, so they could get their final blessings on the engagement. The young couple reached the middle of the ballroom and bowed ninety degrees in front of the four elders and after bowing, they kneeled on the ground waiting to get the blessings. Sehun approached them and put his hands on their head, 'I give you my blessings, may your life as a couple be happy and fruitful.' Similarly, Joo-hyun went towards the couple and placed her hands on their head, 'I give you all the blessings for this union, I hope you stay happy and content always,' then Chanyeol went to give his blessing as well, 'May this relationship bloom with time so you can be an example of a loving couple to the young.' Seungwan too took her place in front of the couple, 'I wish you all the joys your soon married life will bring. Always fight for love no matter what my sweethearts,' and as she finished with her words, the couple finally stood up and the whole room erupted with cheers of joy.

Hoseok and Jackson then hugged the former's parents, thanking them for their blessings and they thanked the King and Queen as well. The room was once again filled with beautiful music and laughter. Hoseok pulled Jackson closer to him and took his hand, smiling widely, 'Let's have our first dance as an officially engaged couple honey,' 'Let's go Seokie, lead the way and I'll always follow,' and the couple once again approached the middle of the ballroom and started waltzing, catching the attention of all the people in the room. The two swayed beautifully in each other's arms, their eyes focused on each other and nothing else, seemingly lost in their own world; everyone who saw the couple dancing could feel the love they both have for each other- it was radiating on their faces. 'I love you so much Jackie, you complete me my love,' Hoseok whispered into his lover's ears as they continued swaying on the dance floor, 'I love you too Seokie. I can't wait till I can finally call you my husband,' and the couple shared a sweet kiss making everyone coo at their sweetness.

Soon, other couples started joining Hoseok and Jackson on the dance floor. The room was so lively and vibrant and everyone had a wonderful time. The King and Queen too joined the young couples, both looking so charming as they swayed in each other's arms.

Namjoon was talking with his father-in-law, as Jin and his mother had to go check on the chefs. 'So Namjoon-ah, how is your marriage life? Are you happy?' Sehun asked seriously because he wanted to be sure Jin was happy in the marriage, 'My marriage life is amazing Papa, all thanks to my angel Jinnie. Honestly, when I had agreed to the marriage I didn't plan to fall in love or even be this close and intimate with my husband. I just wanted to fulfill the promise I made to my parents and be done with it because I didn't want to open my heart to anyone, I was scared to trust anyone because of my past. But, Jinnie was so determined to fulfill his role as a husband. You remember the day we met before the wedding?' Namjoon asked and Sehun nodded, 'On that day I told Jin he can reject the marriage but he told me that it was fate that brought him to me so he'll marry me and he'll teach me what love is. His eyes held a determination that I've never seen in anyone before papa,' the prince said and looked at the ceiling, almost like he's recalling everything. 'I was a jerk on our wedding day. I accused him of trying to poison me and I behaved so rudely to him but he didn't say anything, in fact he even protected my reputation when people asked why he didn't sleep in my room; he just said that he had a cold. Honestly I'm so grateful to him for choosing me, a cold man. Once I started to feel something in my heart, I promised that I'll accept the feeling and confess to him once I'm sure. I finally accepted that I'm in love with your son and I confessed to him and I was lucky that he felt the same. He's my everything now papa, he's my life, my love,' Namjoon said with so much sincerity and emotions that Sehun started tearing up. 'Thank you for loving my son Namjoon-ah,' he finally said and pat his son-in-law's shoulder.

Jin and his mother finally came back to the ballroom and he immediately looked around the room to find his husband and he saw him standing and talking with his father. 'Jin I'll go talk to your aunt for a while, go ahead and find your husband,' Joo-hyun said with a soft smile, 'Okay mama,' and Jin walked towards where his husband was. Once he reached his husband's side, he wrapped his arms around his husband's strong arm, 'Hello Joonie, hello papa! What were you talking about?' he asked softly. Sehun and Namjoon smiled at him softly, 'Hey sweetheart, we were just talking about random things. Is everything okay with the chefs?' Namjoon asked, 'Yes, everything is going well,' Jin said and pecked his husband's cheek, 'Well please excuse me my sons, I'll go and chat with your aunt, your mother is glaring at me from there,' Sehun said making the couple chuckle. When Sehun walked towards where his wife was, Namjoon placed a kiss to Jin's head and whispered in his ear, 'Would you like to dance with me my love?' 'I'd love to Joonie,' and so Namjoon led his angel to the dancefloor. Now everyone had their eyes on the Prince and his husband- the pair looked so grand, dancing to the beautiful melody and both lost in each other's eyes. Most of the people were shocked to see their cold prince treat the healer with so much love and care, the way he held his husband's waist so protectively and how gently he led him in the dance, the way you could see how much he loves his husband just from the way he would look at him, the way the prince would place kisses on his husband's forehead every now and then. 'I love you,' Jin suddenly said and Namjoon kissed him deeply, showing how much he too loves him.

As the night went on, people were having a lot of fun. From the food to the dance, everything was perfect. The dancefloor was never empty, young and old couples or partners would keep on dancing and waltzing. The newly engaged couple(Hoseok and Jackson), Jin and Namjoon sat in the corner of the room, having their very late dinner as they were too busy to eat earlier. Now, as they sat together, having a meal, they felt content and happy. 'Congratulations once again Hoseok hyung, Jackson hyung,' Jin said, 'You looked so good today, you are so beautiful as a couple,' 'Thank you Jin, but we weren't the only ones who looked good as a couple. You should have seen yourselves when you were dancing,' Hoseok said looking at Jin and Namjoon, 'Your eyes were practically oozing with love for each other it was too sweet,' 'That's because we're very much in love, isn't that right my angel?' Namjoon added with a deep voice, making Jin blush and bury his face in his husband's chest, 'I love you,' he mumbled softly for only Namjoon to hear making the latter smile warmly.

Just like that, the night that was filled with love and peace soon came to an end. All the guests had left while some stayed in the guest rooms of the manor. The King and Queen chose to stay and had headed to bed early as they were tired from the long journey and the ball. Jin surprisingly fell asleep on Namjoon's shoulder while they were chatting with Hoseok and Jackson after their meal and so the prince who did not want to distrub his angel's sleep gently carried him to the room.

So the night of the ball had ended and more days will come, some are good and some are bad, we just wish that love will win.