Gifts of Meaning

Author POV

2 Months Later

Christmas is 2 weeks away, and these last few months have been busy for Peter, if not doing his thing at school, he's been going on some important missions, but he's learned to manage both, but it's been difficult. Today is a day off and he is leaving school, but he has errands to run before going back to the Compound.

He gets a text from May and reads it while he drives through the city.

May
Thanks for the vacation Peter, I needed it to be honest, but never could afford it, so thank you. Love You. See you in a week!

Peter smiles, knowing she deserves it, he's never seen her have a vacation for as long as he as seen her work, and he believes she deserves it. He pulls up and parks the car he's driving in an open parking space.

He walks into a jewelry store and is immediately greeted, "hello sir, how can I help you?", "yes, actully I ordered 2 necklaces and I was told they're ready", "under what name?", "Peter Parker". They look through the computer and find what they have, "yes, they are ready and bagged for you, allow me to get them", "of course, no rush", he says.

Peter waits a few minutes and she comes back with what he ordered. He pays and quickly leaves back to the Compound. He gets to the Compound to find it nearly empty, so he quickly makes it to his room and hides the contents of the bags somewhere no one will find them, especially Natasha and Wanda.

It's gonna be their first Christmas together and he wanted to get them something special for each of them, something that has meaning. Peter relaxes after he's in the clear, and then heads to find Sam at the kitchen, "hey Pete, how was your day? The girls still gaga over you?", he says, teasing Peter, who just smiles, "yeah, I will never get used to it though".

Peter and Sam just joke around for sometime before Tony walks in, and looks in a depressed mood, "what's up Tony?", "nothing it's just-", Tony just rubs his nose and sighs, "- Pepper and I decided to take a break". Sam and Peter make a face, not wanting Tony to see them, they turn away.

A Few Hours Later

Peter finishes wrapping the gifts he got for Tasha and Wanda, and hides them again, not wanting them to find them if they come into his room, but knowing Tasha, she will find hers. And fortunately for him, Wanda won't even try looking for hers, so he relaxes.

Peter jumps into the shower and cleans himself off of the sweat and dirt he gathered on himself today. He uses his favorite shampoo, strawberry scent, and cleans his kinda curly hair, which has grown to his ears.

He feels like growing his hair and standing out from the old Peter, since he's changed in the few months since he joined the Avengers, because he definitely isn't the same Peter Parker who joined those months ago.

Peter realized some time ago that he's even taller than when he got here, as he was just a couple inches shorter than Tasha, and now he is taller by just a few inches, and he likes being the tall one now. And he can't forget how muscular he has gotten, and boy has that been a blessing for the girls at his school, who try flirting with him everyday, including the ones who would ignore him.

For Peter, that got annoying real quick, but it's not like he's gonna say he's in a relationship, so he keeps quiet for his sake. He turns off the water and dries himself off and changes into something comfortable, and when he exits his bathroom, he finds Tasha and Wanda in his room, both in their robes, "hey you two, haven't seen ya since the morning", "yeah, we've been busy with stuff, how was your day?", asks Wanda, as Peter gets on his bed, and both the ladies join him, Tasha to his left and Wanda on his right.

"My day was OK, just been a long day", "yeah, I gotta agree, it has been a long day, which is why I'm here, I missed you badly", says Natasha, who snuggles herself to Peter, as she lays on his left shoulder, while Wanda lays on his right shoulder.

The three just enjoy each others company and stay silent, just wanting to enjoy this quiet moment. Peter is stroking Wanda's hair and Natasha's back when he hears snoring and see's Wanda is asleep, "she looked tired when we walked in here earlier", "yeah, I saw that-", says Peter, who yawns, "- I'm tired as well, let's get some sleep, and I have no school tomorrow and we can sleep in", he says, which Natasha just snuggles closer to Peter, "that's gonna be the best way to wake up tomorrow-', she says, closing her eyes, "goodnight Peter", she says.

Peter closes his eyes with a smile on his face, loving this moment, 'moments like these are my favorites with Wanda and Natasha'.