Clint Visits the Compound

Author POV

1 Week Later

Peter is arriving at the Compound after spending the weekend with May back home at their apartment and spending time with Ned and his friends. He knows Wanda is gone with Vision on a mission, while Steve and Sam are out in D.C for some days off, leaving Peter, Natasha and Rhodey at the Compound.

Peter walks in and see's Rhodey with a file, "hey Pete, how was the weekend?", "pretty great, going on a mission?", "yeah, just a simple mission to stop a small group of terrorists before they cause trouble", "good luck out there", "thanks Pete, oh, by the way, we have a visitor", "who?", Peter asks, "Clint Barton", "wait, Hawkeyes here? Awesome", says Peter.

Rhodey leaves to start his mission as Peter heads towards his room. He reaches his room and puts his bag down and takes a shower and changes into something casual to meet Clint.

Peter walks into the common room and see's a man with brown hair, but no Natasha. Clint turns around, "and you must be Peter, the New Avenger, Spiderman", "yeah, it's really great to meet you", says Peter as they both shake hands, "Natasha had told me some things about you, and don't tell her I said this, but you're her favorite person who is an Avenger", Clint says, as he said the last part in a whisper, "I heard that Clint", she says, walking in.

Natasha smiles and sits between both Peter and Clint, but is closer to Peter, which Clint notices but doesn't say anything.

An Hour Later

Natasha, Clint and Peter have been talking and joking around, and both Clint and Peter have immediately made a new friendship, which excites Natasha, because her best friend Clint and her Peter.... 'my Peter?!?'. She smiles but can't stop thinking about how she thought about Peter. She admits that what Clint said is true, Peter is her favorite Avenger, and she loves spending time with him.

Peter is having fun talking with Clint and has told how his training with Natasha and Steve has gone, and how he feels good being apart of the team. Peter starts to feel some sort of feeling when Natasha looks at Clint and holds his hand, but it isn't a good feeling, and he knows he's jealous.

Peter is jealous that he sees their connection, something he feels is a threat to him and Natasha and he doesn't like it. He isn't going to say anything to ruin this friendship he just started, but it doesn't mean he has to like it.

An Hour Later

Things have gone by smoothly for Peter and Natasha. Peter being able to hide his jealousy, and Natasha being able to hide the fact that she likes being near and around Peter, but Clint can see when people hide things and has seen Natasha scoot closer to Peter when she thought they weren't looking.

He maybe thinks what he's seeing is more than a friendship, and it's something he feels like he can accept, since Natasha seems to be really happy with Peter, 'if Peter makes Natasha happy, who am I to tell them not to see each other', he says to himself.