Epilogue

3 years later...

"This is my first entry of the Queen's Journal. Elizabeth told me that every ruler in Kririn's history kept one throughout their lives; including, my biological parents.

"After reading their journals in full, I feel like I've known my mother and father my entire lives, and I miss them dearly.

"Today, I am 20 years of age, and not only that, but I was officially crowned Queen of Kririn.

"However, it has also been 3 years since Mannix, my advisor and protector, sacrificed himself to end the Great Shadow Force war -as the historians are calling it.

"Since his disappearance, I have done as he requested, and remained strong. Though my subjects tell me that the realm Mannix was sent to is inescapable, the fire of hope remains ignited in me, and it will never be snuffed out." 

 Eleanor set her pencil down next to the filled pages, and let out a deep sigh before smiling softly. 

Getting up from the seat, she walked over to the glass doors that led out to the balcony, and opened them, letting the cool summer air rush over her. 

Eleanor leaned against the railing and stared up into the clear, night sky. 

The city below was beautifully lit with festive lights, and music , along with laughter and chatter coming from her people, could be heard. 

Eleanor looked out towards the former battle-field beyond the walls. What had once been a field of nothing but dirt, and desolation had become a meadow of green grass, and memories. 

"I wish you were here to see this change Mannix." Eleanor whispered, wiping a tear from her eye, and walking back into her room. 

When she closed the glass doors behind her, Eleanor heard a knock on the other door. "Come in!" she called out. The door creaked open, and Elizabeth appeared in the door-way.

"Your highness," she said, "The citizens are waiting for you." 

Eleanor nodded to her advisor, and looked at her desk. Sitting on it's wooden surface, was the crown Mannix had given her three years ago. 

Gingerly, the new Queen took the red gem-stone crown into her grasp, and mutter, "Let's see what's next," as she placed it on her head. 

_*_

Screeches filled the air, and purple light could be seen within the dense fog. 

Mannix breathed hard; rips were laced throughout his coat, and shirt, and blood -both his, and other creatures- covered him. 

"So," he muttered, sensing the horde of creatures stalking behind him. Mannix lifted the sword, and the purple light illuminated his green eyes as he spoke. 

"Anyone care to show me the way out?" 

The End...?