Chapter 3

Rose came home and was greeted by Eleanor watching television in the living room. 

Roused by the door opening Eleanor instinctively turned her head and saw her exhausted-looking mother. 

Eleanor switched off the TV and stood from the sofa. "How'd the interview go?" she asked. 

A smile grew on Rose's face as she exclaimed, "I was hired!" The duo high-fived each other excitedly, before order pizza to celebrate, though it was already late. 

"So, how was your first day, darling?" Rose asked, as they ate. Eleanor shrugged her shoulders. 

"Wasn't too exciting; made a possible friend, and was pushed by a jerk." As soon as the last part came out of her mouth, Eleanor immediately wished she didn't say that. 

Rose frowned, and softly put down her cup. "Eleanor, did you start a fight on your first day?" 

"No, no, no. Don't worry; no fight ensued." Eleanor quickly answered. 

"Good, so you have no homework?" Rose exclaimed. 

"No homework, but I do have a few things I need you to sign." Eleanor responded. 

She then looked up at the clock before saying, "I'm gonna go read before bed, do you need help with the dishes?" 

Rose shook her head, and started to pick up the grease -covered plates as Eleanor climbed the stair-well. 

A few minutes later of silence swiftly past as Rose cleaned up the kitchen. 

Knock!

Knock

Rose turned to the door, and narrowed her eyes; who would be visiting this late at night? 

She grabbed a sharp kitchen knife and held it behind her back; no one was going to harm her Ellie

Rose opened the door, and was shocked to see Mannix waiting on the other side. "Twice in one day, That's new." she sighed. 

"Well, there's a fist time for everything. Please, Rose, is the knife really necessary?" he responded.

Rose pulled the knife from behind her back and sighed once more. "You can come in for a few minutes, I don't know how long Eleanor will stay in her room for." 

Mannix strolled into the house as Rose closed the door and placed the knife back on the counter. "Do we have to keep me a secret? That way you're lying to her less" Mannix exclaimed, with a cocky smirk. 

Rose shot him a a death glare and retaliated. "She cannot know anything about Kririn! Sh....She's not ready." 

Mannix's smirk melted into a frown, and he said, "You can't keep her kingdom, or her inherited abilities a secret forever, darling." 

Rose gazed up at him, and muttered, "When should I tell her?" 

"Sometime soon, like I said, Rose, there are signs, and I don't know how long we can ignore them." Mannix answered.

He then tilted his head to the side before straightening his trench coat. "I'll give you a week to tell little Ellie. Don't and I'll just might have to pay her a visit." A spiral of black smoke dispersed, followed by footsteps coming downstairs. 

"Mom, was someone here?" I thought I heard voices." Eleanor said from behind. 

Rose turned around clearing he face from any shock or angry expression. "No Ellie, there wasn't anyone here. I was just talking on the phone." Rose lied. 

"Oh, Okay, I'm going to get ready for bed. Goodnight Mom." Eleanor said. 

"Goodnight." Rose called back and sighed once Eleanor was out of sight. How could she lie to her like that?

A/N: Any theories about what will happen next? Feedback is appreciated! Also I will not be updating next week due to a week-long trip. Bye for now!