FORTY THREE. (under the moonlight)

A million things went through my mind when I pulled my hand away from my stomach

A million things went through my mind when I pulled my hand away from my stomach. I stared down at my hand, my fingers almost dripping in my own blood.

"what do you think Elle?" JJ's question had barely registered in my mind. My heart beat faster as the red thick liquid fell from my hand to my leg.

"Elle?" JJ questioned. "oh my god Elle" JJ's panicked voice brought the attention of the other pogues to me.

"Lane?" John B grabbed onto my arm and I looked up at him, my head feeling a bit faint. "where's the blood from, what happened?" He questioned me, the presence of the others clouding my mind. John B wrapped an arm around me and moved to sit behind me.

"It's her stomach" Kiara let out, the girl's eyes filling with tears.

"We have to stop the bleeding" Pope panicked, and John B helped move me so I was laying. The motion sent another shot of pain up my side and I cringed.

"ill get us to that island," Cleo told the others.

"use my shirt," JJ said, pulling the fabric from his body and handing it to Pope who put it in the water before ringing it out and holding it against my stomach.

"How are you feeling?" JJ asked, the boy leaning over me. "fine" I let out, wincing when I felt the pressure from Pope's hands.

My head was pounding now, I was shutting my eyes in pain. I could feel John B's gentle hands brushing the hair from my face.

"We're almost there!" Cleo turned back, panic in her voice.

"Hey, you hear that? We're almost to the island" JJ whispered to me. I tried my hardest to nod but my head was throbbing and I wasn't even sure if the action had been noticed.

"Elle, cmon. Please just keep your eyes open" Kiara begged and even though the pain was almost excruciating, I opened my eyes.

My gaze met Kiara's and the girl sent me a sad smile.

"Okay, we're here" Cleo let out.

I lifted my head slightly, ignoring the pain. "hey, we've got you" Pope said as I felt him pick me up into his arms. The motion made me shut my eyes tightly again as I tried to calm my rapid breathing.

Hot pain shot through my side as Pope walked with me. "I'm just setting you down on the sand, you ready?" Pope asked, waiting for my okay.

"mhm," I groaned, trying to nod. I could feel the warm sand and Pope's arms move back to my stomach. I opened my eyes again, turning my head and watching as JJ and John B dragged the lifeboat onto the sand to keep it from floating away.

"there's should be a first aid kit in there" Kiara yelled, moving quickly towards the boat.

"I feel fine" I tried to convince the others, going to sit up but Pope had placed his hand on my shoulder to keep me from moving. Soon, John B and JJ were back by my side.