SIX. (unknown number)

Monday morning rolled around and when I woke up I felt a warm arm laying over my stomach

     Monday morning rolled around and when I woke up I felt a warm arm laying over my stomach. I was laying on my back and when I opened my eyes I was met with the ceiling.

I could feel the way my sober mind was about to burst into tears. The way guilt flooded in for sleeping with someone that wasn't John B. For forcing him out. The way my sober body craved for him to be the one next to me.

"Madi" I let out, gently placing my hand on the girl's shoulder.

"morning" Madison hummed as she woke up, sitting up and pushing the hair from her face. "We have school," I said tiredly.

And as if on cue, someone laid down on a car horn outside. "There's Kie" I sighed, making Madison laugh.

"You could borrow some clothes if you want to change out of that" I suggested and the girl nodded. "I'll be right back, just gotta change," I told her before exiting the room and pulling the door shut behind me.

I took a deep breath as I looked up at myself in the bathroom mirror. Silently calming myself down as I repeated the same thoughts over and over. John B was dead. Bianca was dead. I was alive. I swallowed and let out a few quick breaths as she pulled a top on.

I reached for the medicine cabinet and grabbed my ibuprofen. Sam and I had different bottles and it happened to be the perfect spot to stash stuff.

I pulled the small baggy out and tipped some of the contents on the bathroom counter. I used an opened razor blade to shape the line and leaned down.

It only took the one to make the thoughts of John B disappear and that was all I needed.

"movie night?" Madison asked as I opened the door, a warm smile on her face as she held a bag of snacks. I smiled back and invited the girl in. We made our way to the end of the hall and turned into my room.

"What movies?" I asked as I sat on the bed and turned the tv on. "Hmm, scary ones?" Madison asked and I laughed. "deal"

The two of us started the movie sitting beside each other on the bed. By the end of the first movie, we were laying down and almost laying sideways so we could see the screen.

"Lane?" The nickname sent me back to John B. It sent me back to what I felt the first time he called me that. Madison's voice was so quiet I almost didn't know she said anything but the nickname, the damn nickname. I could have come undone, it felt wrong hearing it from someone else. It felt dirty, and wrong and it made me want to cry.

"mhm?" I hummed in response, shifting my eyes from the screen to the girl next to me with no intention of showing her what the nickname did to me.

"Can I kiss you right now?" Madison whispered and I nodded, a blush forming on Madison's face. I moved in and met the girl, her soft lips moving slowly against mine.