NINE. (murderer)

"Why does she get to tickle?" JJ asked, looking at Pope who sat in the passenger side of Kiara's car

     "Why does she get to tickle?" JJ asked, looking at Pope who sat in the passenger side of Kiara's car. It was dark out now, JJ and I got back from picking up the food almost an hour ago.

My eyes were tired, we had kept ourselves entertained with light conversation but nonetheless, it was still late and I was still tired.

"Should I do like an accent?" Kiara asked, looking back at me with a quick laugh.

"definitely disguise your voice" Pope answered, nodding his head.

"How would you like me to talk?" Kiara put on a fake British accent and I giggled from the back seat. "didn't you learn at midsummers that your accents suck" I told the brunette who sat in the front seat.

"hey, yours were no better, '' Kiara argued, shooing Pope's hands as he tried to separate us.

"hey" The boy snapped his fingers, getting both of us to look at him. "Focus please" I rolled my eyes before huffing. "Okay, so how would you like me to disguise my voice?" Kiara asked, focussing back on the topic.

"Batman?" The boy suggested and Kiara mimicked a batman voice. "Perfect, let's do it" The boys and I agreed, watching as the girl dialed Gavin's number.

"hello" Gavin's voice rang through the phone and Kiara let out a deep hello, shaking her head and looking at the pogues. "Just talk," I whispered, the four of us hearing another hello from the phone.

"Is Gavin there? She asked after clearing her throat. "This is Gavin. Who's this? Hello?"

"I know what happened on the tarmac" Kiara spoke, her voice clear. We could hear a nervous laugh on the other end. "um, who's this?" Gavin asked again. "It was Rafe Cameron. But you already knew that, and you lied about it." Kiara continued, I was picking at my nails in the back seat.

"Okay, who is this?" Gavin was frustrated at this point, that much evident in his voice. "we're gonna prove it. You're guilty-"

"you're gonna tell me who this is right now" He tried to sound stern as he cut the girl off. "you could have saved her, Gavin, and you didn't And you're not getting away with this" It didn't even take a second for Gavin to shoot back.

"Listen to me!" The man yelled, asking again who it was before Kiara hung up the phone. "How was that?" She asked, looking between the three of us in the car.

"Yeah, I was scared. Good job" JJ told the girl. "I'm shaking" I joked and Kiara let out a laugh as we pretended to be spooked.

"All right. We tickled the wire. Phase two complete. Now we wait and listen" Pope let out, leaning down and pulling out the air pods.

"Is that him?" JJ asked, looking out towards the door that opened. "yeah I think so" I answered, moving closer to the boy to see out the window.

It was only a moment after when headlights turned on and a vehicle came out of the driveway. "All right. Here he comes. Stay down." Pope whispered, the four of us ducking from sight.