SEVENTEEN. (electric)

"What about this?" Derek's voice made me turn my head, my eyes meeting with a baby blue suit he held up

"What about this?" Derek's voice made me turn my head, my eyes meeting with a baby blue suit he held up. "you or him?" I asked, still searching through a rack of dresses.

"Both of us?" His statement sounded like a question and I chuckled.

"It's nice, but we don't need to figure everything out yet, you just got engaged." I told the boy. "besides, when are you thinking of having the wedding?" I asked, stopping my fingers at a lilac-coloured dress.

"we're thinking pretty soon, we don't want to wait," Derek told me, walking over and looking at the dress too. "I love this one" He let out, pulling it from my hand and taking a better look at it.

"ill go find it in your size," He said, walking away without letting me speak. I walked over to the suit rack and began searching for some different ones.

"oh hello, fancy seeing you here" Rafe's voice made me roll my eyes and I took a deep breath, not wanting to cause a scene in the boutique.

"go away Rafe" I let out, not bothering to face him. "listen, I know you went searching for the gun. You better watch yourself, don't want to get involved with things that don't concern you." He cooed in my ear, making me cringe away from him. I could feel his breath as he let out a laugh.

"Everything okay here?" Derek asked as he came back over, his brows furrowing at the position the two of us were in. Rafe stood over me while I looked visibly uncomfortable.

"yeah, we're all good. Right, Laney?" Rafe winked at me before moving away, his steps heading towards a different section.

"you okay?" Derek asked again, watching as I nodded. "what about the two of you wearing white suits" I let out, changing the topic.

"you don't like the blue?" He asked, and I put my hands up. "don't get me wrong, they're nice but I think white would look better" I suggested, pulling a white coloured suit from the rack and showing it to him.

"ill keep that in mind" Derek laughed, moving to stand by the cash register. "you're not getting the suits?" I asked as I followed him.

"Not today, me and your brother are gonna come back in a few weeks," He told me, the lilac dress now laid on the counter.

I began browsing around the store while I waited for Derek to buy the dress. We already found the flowers and florist we were going to use for the wedding and we had already found a caterer.

"ready to go?" Derek asked, a dress bag in his arms. "yeah, what next?" I asked as I held the door for him, the two of us walking down the sidewalk.

"I was thinking we could go get something to eat, the night ferry won't leave for a few hours." He let out and I smiled, sending the boy a quick nod.

It was late when the ferry finally left and I was surprised it was still running, I assumed the ferry wouldn't run this late. I got comfy in my seat and I could feel the heaviness of my eyelids. I leaned my head over and laid on Derek's shoulder, the boy quickly wrapping an arm around my shoulder and allowing me to sleep against him.