TWENTY NINE. (the bonfire)

"I didn't cheat!" I practically screeched as Sam refused to let it go

"I didn't cheat!" I practically screeched as Sam refused to let it go. "yes you did!" He let out, huffing and rolling his eyes at me. Kiara and I were sitting in the kitchen with Derek and Sam playing board games.

"just because you lost does not mean that anyone cheated you idiot" I glared at the boy. "you wouldn't have won if you didn't cheat" He groaned and I tilted my head back in frustration.

"get over it, I didn't cheat!" Kiara and Derek watched us bicker with amusement.

"This is why we stopped having game night when we were younger, every time you lose you accuse someone of cheating," I told Sam and the boy let out a soft laugh.

"no, the reason we stopped having those game nights was that dad would flip the monopoly board every time he owed someone money" Sam corrected me and I opened my mouth to say something but then shut it.

"you're totally right" I laughed.

"I'm exhausted and we've been playing games far too long, ill see you all in the morning," Derek said as he stood, sending the group a small wave as he walked down the hallway and towards Sam's room.

"night" I called out to the boy, receiving a low hum back. "He's right, and I'm tired too" Sam followed Derek's path to the room after saying goodnight and Kiara and I turned our attention back to the table.

"Play another game or go to sleep?" I asked as I took a sip from my beer and Kiara chucked. "one more game," She said and I nodded.

We ended up playing another three games and finishing another six-pack of beers before we even entertained the idea of sleep.

"holy shit, it's three in the morning" Kiara let out, looking up from her phone. We had packed up the board games and we were now laying in my bed scrolling through our phones with some baking show on in the background.

"Jesus" I yawned and I clicked her phone off, tossing it somewhere beside me on the bed. "there is like no way I'm going to school tomorrow," Kiara said as she did the same with her phone, turning the volume up slightly on the tv.

"absolutely not" I agreed, rolling over onto my side and getting ready to sleep. "tonight was fun" I smiled at Kiara's words and nodded even though it was quite dark in the room.

"it was, but knowing us it won't last" I sighed, waiting a moment or two for Kiara's response. "right" We fell asleep soon after and it felt like seconds later we were being shaken awake by Pope.

"what do you want?" I groaned, rolling over and shoving my face into the pillow. "we have school, get up" He sounded annoyed as he poked at both of our sides.

"no, let me sleep" I continued to try to fall asleep but I felt a cold hand on my ankle pull me. "Jesus!" Kiara shrieked as both of us got pulled from the bed.

I rubbed at my eyes quickly and heard Derek and Sam's laughs as they fled the room. "assholes" I muttered, looking over to Pope who wore an amused grin.