FORTY ONE. (rescue mission)

My head was swarming

My head was swarming. Ward was very much alive and well and currently somewhere on the boat with us. "it was all a setup, blowing up the boat, the confession to Shoupe. Think about it. That was to clear Rafe's name. And he does what? Goes to the druthers. And what's on the druthers?" John B lets out, his question at the end soon answered by Kiara.

"scuba" She scoffs.

"bingo" He nods.

I let out a sigh and leaned my head on John B's shoulder. "so Wards alive huh? And he has the gold and the cross and Sarah" JJ lists off.

"Thanks for rubbing that in," Kiara told the boy with a roll of her eyes.

"So he's just gonna get away with everything again, huh? Not happening. We're not watching this movie again, right Pope? You said we need the win. And with her" JJ motioned over to Cleo "We're going to the bridge and we're gonna take it right now. You with me?" JJ asked, looking back to Pope.

"Let's do it" John B agreed, sharing a glance with me. I had no idea which option would be better, stay and wait to dock or go then and there.

I could not seem to think of either outcome thoroughly. "I'm with you, and I wanna be the one to take that bridge" Pope let out and Cleo chuckled.

"He's gonna take the bridge? He couldn't even take me"

"Okay, first of all, I was going easy on you" Pope argued with the girl. "I went easy on you" Cleo corrected him and Kiara and I shushed them, their voices getting too loud.

"Relax, all of you" John B cut in. JJ took a glance over at Cleo.

"If you're really with us, if we use that knife, we can go up into the bridge, hold it against the captain's neck, and then we get on the intercom and make him tell the rest of the crew to meet up in the forward hull. Once they're in the same place, bam, we lock them in there and we take back what's ours" JJ laid the plan out.

"I like it. It could work" Pope spoke. I bit the inside of my lip but this was more than any other plan we had, or any we didn't have.

"Are you with us then?" JJ asked, turning back to Cleo.

"no" She scoffed before looking over to John B. "this is stupid" Her words had barely left her mouth before we heard a man from outside the storage container.

"all right, let's open these things up!" I felt my heart start to beat faster as I heard his words. "they're checking the containers" Kiara let out, worry flashing on her face.

Cleo put her hand up to signal not to stop her and moved herself toward the vent. She stepped on the crates and started to pry the vent from the wall.

"what are you doing?" Kiara asked before she was shushed by Cleo. I leaned closer to John B and squeezed his hand that was in mine. I watched nervously as Cleo climbed out of the container.