TWENTY TWO. (the break)

"Forget it," John B told me, turning to walk away

 "Forget it," John B told me, turning to walk away. "fuck that, what were you suggesting?" I shouted, I watched him roll his eyes and I felt anger burn in her stomach.

"All I'm saying is that she leaves and then a little while later everything goes to shit." He stated. I scoffed and my eyes scanned the break, JJ, Pope and Kiara standing apart from us. "so what? You think she went and ran to Rafe fucking Cameron and told them you were back?"

"Well, she had the time to do it. She had the perfect opportunity." John B raised his brow at me as if he was challenging me.

"you know who else left before things went to shit? Kie and Pope. They also had the perfect opportunity. But you know why none of us are blaming them? Because they would never do that" I swallowed down my emotions, refusing to show any weakness to him.

"you don't really know her. You've only been dating what?" John B's words shot at me like venom. "why the fuck does that matter. are you seriously gonna stand there and act like you didn't disappear one day and then come back with Sarah Cameron in your life the next." I argued, and once again did not correct him on the fact that she was not my girlfriend.

I wasn't completely sure why I was defending the girl the way I was, but the way John B's look made me feel, it fuelled me.

"Are we seriously still on this? We already talked about that. It's not like you took long to go off and date someone else either" I almost laughed at his words but it came out more like a choked cry.

"Didn't seem to take me long? One day we were in my bedroom together and then you left that fucking morning and came back with a girlfriend. I thought you were fucking dead and it still took me two months before I even entertained the idea of being with someone else." I let out, and hot tears brimmed my eyes.

"Exactly! you've only been together a little while. You said it yourself, it was new so what makes you think she wouldn't run off and tell someone Sarah and I were back? Huh?" John B spat, pausing when he saw me flinch away.

"fuck you" I muttered as I turned, my feet hitting the sand as I stormed off. I felt my breathing become unsteady. I tried to take a deep breath but instead, a sob came out.

I cursed at myself for not thinking about being sober that morning when we took off. The sober world was crashing in around me and I couldn't catch my breath.

I walked further away from where he stood and I tried to swallow my feelings again. I tried to stop crying but everything was caving in on me and I was forced to stop walking.

I reached out and touched the tree next to me, stabilizing myself as I let out another sob. I heard branches break from behind me and I sucked in a breath, trying to not make any noise.

I didn't want to be hiding away and crying because of what he said or maybe it was coming down from the booze and weed.

The worst part of it was that he was sort of right. I had almost no idea if that would be something Madison could do.