Twenty-Two

(A/N: Don't pay any mind to the errors! Enjoy.)

August 1991
Soul Train Awards

Amira

Months later and I was still in a whirl from everything I'd been going through the past few months. Not resting as I should, stressing over the wedding, Eazy still being extremely upset with me, and the abortion had and was taking a toll on me. It was my biggest regret and I was filled with guilt. I hadn't healed from everything I was dealing with and yet I still continued to press on. I kept busy in order to distract myself from everything.

So I worked tirelessly and as much as I could. I spent a bunch of time writing and in the studio. Any and everything. Even as tired and drained as I was, I kept going. And I couldn't definitely tell that I was putting a strain on my body, but I didn't care to stop.

I was trying to fill a void but nothing was working.
Work was my drug, my coping mechanism. That and self medicating... I figured if limited time with myself, I wouldn't have to think about anything. And most importantly feel.

Eric and I still weren't on the best of terms which definitely bothered me. I loved him and I hated that we still had yet to really talk. Last time I reached out, he told me that he was busy and that he'd call back. He never did. Maybe he just wasn't ready or didn't know what to say to me. Hopefully he'd come around soon.

I sat backstage waiting for them to tell me that they were ready for me. Tonight I would be performing at the soul train awards and it was a very important night for me. You'd think I'd be excited but I was here only because I'd made a promise and I was getting paid to be here. When I found out Eric would also be in attendance, I almost cancelled my performance altogether. I was glad that we hadn't crossed paths while we were here but I knew he'd be in the crowd watching. That alone made me nervous.

I reached into my bag and went for my meds, just to take the edge off. I desperately needed something to calm me. Just as I was getting ready to take them there was a knock on my dressing room door. Quickly stuffing them back into my bag, I zipped it back up and walked over to the door.

"Hello Ms.Anderson. I have something for you." A woman said handing me a single red rose with an envelope attached after I opened the door.

"Who's it from?" I asked looking at it.

"I'm not sure. Doesn't say. Some guy gave it to me and instructed me to deliver it to you." She says.

"Okay. Thank you." I said with a smile.

She exited my dressing room and I carried it over to the table before setting it down. I grabbed the envelope and looked for some indication of who might've sent it but there was no name anywhere on it.

 I grabbed the envelope and looked for some indication of who might've sent it but there was no name anywhere on it