One

September 20th, 1989

Amira

My eyes fluttered open and I put my hand up in front of my face, blocking the sun that was beaming through my curtains. I sighed and sat up from the bed. My alarm clock finally went off and I reached over to shut off the annoying beeping. I threw the covers off of me with a yawn and threw my legs over the side of my bed.

There was a faint knock at the door. "Come in." I said not bothering to look, knowing it could only be Evelyn knocking this early. The doors opened and I heard her footsteps as she entered.

"Good morning Evelyn." I said stretching.

"Good morning my Mimi." Evelyn says, opening up the curtains, then the blinds letting in the morning sun. Evelyn walked into the bathroom and turned on the shower before making her way back out.

Evelyn did everything for me. She was nothing more than an employee to my mother, but to me she was family. Evelyn had been here since I was a baby and we'd grown closer than ever over the years.

She taught me many things. I guess you could say she was more of a mother to me than my own.

"So today's a pretty big day huh?" Evelyn asks pulling me away from my thoughts.

I looked at her and sighed. "Yeah. Yeah it is." I said.

My stomach began to feel like there were knots in it. Now that I was thinking about it, I was actually nervous about today.

My uncle Jerry had been basically begging my mother to let me go on tour. After shopping my demo around, he'd manage to land me a deal with both Universal and Sony. Well I did actually.

After hearing my EP, I gained the attention and quite the following from people all over. I had released my first album and "Vision of Love" just two weeks ago and it completely blew up.

I was finally getting everything I had ever dreamed of, but some things do come at a price...

I tucked my hair behind my ear. "It's gonna be my first time being this far away from home alone. What if I get home sick or some?" I asked nervously.

Evelyn walked up to me and cupped my face in her hands. "You go out there and you chase your dreams. Everything is gonna be fine." She says reassuring me. I nodded and pulled her into a hug.

"Thanks so much Evie." I said still in her arms.

She pats my back and pulls away from me. "Now you go and get ready. Breakfast will be done when you're finished." Evelyn says before walking out of my room.

I walked into my bathroom and stripped out of my gown. I got into the shower and washed both my hair and body throughly. After getting out, I dried off and slipped into a pair of black Calvin Klein underwear and bra to match. Then I brushed my teeth and washed my face.

--

I spent about an hour and a half doing my hair and make-up. Long but beauty takes time, especially with someone who's as beautiful as I am.

I walked out of the bathroom and into my closet. I browsed through the many articles of clothing that filled my closet. I figured that since today was basically the first day of the tour, I would wear something cute and simple. I grabbed my pink and white Chanel set from the hanger and retrieved my favorite pair of pink Hilfiger pumps from the shelf before walking back into my room.

Just as I had finished getting dressed, there was another knock at my door.